Disneyland Forever--Back???!!!

Fantasmic

:eek:--There was an item on MousePlanet today that suggested Walt Disney Records and Buena Vista Records will be launching a new version of Disneyland Forever in October.

SFMike

Here is the text from Mouseplanet! I sure hope its true and they provide us with some new tracks! :D

"Disneyland Forever, again? We're almost afraid to get our hopes up, but it looks like a new version of the popular Disneyland Forever custom-music CD kiosks may be installed at Disneyland in October. Merchandise cast members recently attended a presentation on the new system, which is being co-developed by Walt Disney Records, Buena Vista Music, and a third party. It is not clear whether the new kiosks will offer new selections and movie scores, or the same attraction tracks available from the older system, which closed last April."

I guess the key phrase is "We're almost afraid to get our hopes up." :- But I bet if the the suits were able to cut out the middleman (RedDot or another service provider) then maybe this will happen.

xfkirsten

Oh, I certainly hope so!! I'm crossing my fingers for them!! I'm finally moving back to SoCal in a few days, so I'll certainly buy some CDs if they put them back in!

-Kirsten

MattOrkin

That would be nice if they came back. I had heard they wanted to sell customizable soundtracks, so the rumor paralells other rumors. ;)

Fantasmic

I noticed that Disney has a "Build Your Own" pin web site. If the merchandising folks offered Disneyland Forever CDs for sale on the internet, how many of you would buy them? I know I would for sure! Heck, with streaming audio they could even have the old track samples they used to have.

Jessica L

I don't think you can actually make your own pins online, but you can make your own pins at the parks. So don't worry - us pin collectors aren't getting too much better treatment. ;)

Jessica

Zarpman

I would love to see Disney music for sale on the Internet. I am a current customer of Apple's iTunes Music Store (expanding soon to the PC crowd) and I absolutely love it. Buy the music you wanna hear. I would love to rightfully own all of this Disney stuff...

... but if they won't release it, what choice do we have but to obtain it otherwise? :)

Tink

If the current Disney regime would get their synergy in gear, Disneyland/World Forever via the internet would go like gangbusters! Like Z?rpman, I too use Apple's iTunes Music Store. If Eisner put some of the exclusive Disney stuff on that, not only would it provide revenue for the Disney Company, it would help patch up the relationship between Eisner and Jobs, thereby helping keep a good relationship with PIXAR. I just hope that someone with some stroke is listening (*Cough* Randy *Cough*)...

micca

I just went to the Disneyland website and it says you can choose from 150 tracks to make your own cd at the music store(on Main St?). Is that something new, or something they failed to remove from when DL Forever was there the first time?

micca

I'm not clever enough to post a link :-[ but if you go to Disneyland.com and to Disneyland park-shopping --and click on 20th century music, it's a "tip" at the bottom of the page over on the right side.

X-S Tech

No problem, I'm generally pretty tech ignorant myself. ;)Here's how to post a link (at least how I do it)

Just highlight the address in your browser window of the specific page you want. Copy it and then paste it into the message. The link will look pretty long and undecipherable but anyone who clicks on it will go directly to that page.

xfkirsten

Just checked the aforementioned site, and the tip is indeed there... Here's the link:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail...anyShoppingPage

I'm gonna cough up the gas money (shudder) and head up to DL next week, and I can look and see then. Unless one of y'all beats me to it.

I hope it's not just a remnant from the old site. And with the recent site overhaul, I would've thought they'd have changed it if DL Forever was gone for good. Here's to hoping!

-Kirsten

raz012

accidently typed in "www.disneylandforever.com" ... got a beautiful"coming soon" page with a notice that "Disneyland Forever is a registered trademark of Walt Disney Records."

xfkirsten

accidently typed in "www.disneylandforever.com" ... got a beautiful"coming soon" page with a notice that "Disneyland Forever is a registered trademark of Walt Disney Records."

I just went and checked that, and you're right... but if you look up at the top after it loads, it's a forwarded address. It goes to one of the pages on DisneylandSource's server. (I kinda wondered about that when I saw the page layout, cause it looked very familiar) I'm not sure if they're putting this up in anticipation of the new system, or in memory of it, or what.

-Kirsten