Disney Springs Area Music

Paul

New background music debuts throughout Disney Springs

The transition from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs moved a step closer this past weekend as new background music debuted throughout the property.

Say goodbye to "Funky Town" and "High School Musical," and say hello to electronic instrumental music on the West Side and The Landing, and some new arrangements of instrumental electronic Disney-inspired tunes in the Marketplace.

Along with the all new background music, the new system will eventually play different tracks dependent on time of day, not just the specific location with Disney Springs.

Some of the tracks we heard on the West Side and The Landing were:

"Bossapolari" by Planet Lounge  iTunes   MP3 
"Mysterious Muses" by Baby Mammoth  iTunes   MP3 
"Lost Vagueness" by Thunderbolt  iTunes   MP3 
"Rosetta Drive" by The Kaminsky Experience  iTunes   MP3 
"Summer Song" by The Kaminsky Experience  iTunes   MP3 
"Das Gezabel" by Paul Kalkbrenner  iTunes   MP3 

New interpretations of "A Whole New World" and "Winnie the Pooh" are some of the tracks playing in the Marketplace.

SOURCE WDWMagic

Club 33

Playlist Author
Spent two long hours yesterday recording the new Marketplace BGM. While the other areas of DTD/Disney Springs are playing a selection of fairly typical mall needledrop music, the Marketplace has a totally original loop of Disney songs arranged in a jazz-techno-fusion style. It got to be one of the longest original BGM loops Disney has ever produced.

The loop runs 1:44:00.8. There are crossfades or overlaps between tracks, and the loop doesn't contain a single silent gap longer than a fraction of a second. I'm genuinely not sure where the start point is- so good job, I guess.

Some of the arrangements are pretty out there and the melody sometimes isn't apparent until a minute or so into the tracks. There are two tracks who's melodies I have yet to identify:

•A Whole New World
•You Can Fly!
•Almost There
•True Love's Kiss
•Be Our Guest
•???????
•Hakuna Matata
•For The First Time in Forever / Let It Go Medley
•If I Didn't Have You (Monsters Inc. Theme)
•I See The Light
•Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat
•???????
•Reflection
•Can You Feel the Love Tonight
•The Incredibles Theme
•Colors of the Wind
•Go The Distance
•Friend Like Me
•When Will My Life Begin?
•I Wanna Be Like You
•You've Got A Friend In Me
•When Can I See You Again?
•Part Of Your World
•Winnie the Pooh

nelsonj3

I recorded it yesterday, but I only had just over an hour available, and I figured that would be enough. It obviously wasn't. Lol. Guess I'll have to go back and finish it sometime. Out of curiosity, where did you choose to record? I did mine outside of Wolfgang Puck's Express.

Club 33

Playlist Author
nelsonj3 said:
I recorded it yesterday, but I only had just over an hour available, and I figured that would be enough. It obviously wasn't. Lol. Guess I'll have to go back and finish it sometime. Out of curiosity, where did you choose to record? I did mine outside of Wolfgang Puck's Express.
Yup, I chose the very same spot!

nelsonj3

Club 33 said:
Yup, I chose the very same spot!
Let me know if you ever want someone to chat with while you make recordings or to just meet up at the parks. My wife doesn't like to go nearly as much as I do, so I end up going alone a lot. :)

Club 33

Playlist Author
Guest its a good spot! Although the mushroom speaker I used looked brand new, so perhaps they replaced the speakers recently (there's also some parade route-style speakers over by Once Upon A Toy that look fairny new).

t3dga

Hey I created an account to let you know that the first unknown track you have is from Ratatouille. It's the theme from "Collete Shows Him Le Ropes," "Special Order," or "End Creditouilles."

The second unknown is "King of New York" from Newsies.

zhoover

Spent two long hours yesterday recording the new Marketplace BGM.
I've been trying to get my mitts on this BG loop since I first heard it during a September trip. I'm new to this forum - are you able to share the recording you made? Thanks!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
no sharing of copyright music (or anything copyright) is allowed.

Trey

There's a playlist on Youtube that seems to include many of the West Side songs. My favorite is the Eric Prydz mix of M83's "Midnight City." I live out of state and was in town for business last month. It was my first visit since the switch and I wasn't able to verify the BGM on the West Side. Can anyone look at this playlist and confirm that it's legit? Any help is much appreciated. I enjoyed the new BGM very much - noticeably different than Downtown Disney in a great way, I think!
Disney Springs - West Side BGM - YouTube

moorel15

My now-fiance and I visited Disney Springs one evening in September and he proposed to me on the main bridge while Tangled's "When Will My Life Begin" was playing over the speakers.. I would really love to find this version of the song and purchase/download it to have it played at our wedding next year. Could anyone direct me to the place where I could purchase this song? Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Paul

Disney Springs Area Music (observed August 2017)

This is a partial list. Appears to be some repeats.

001 Motion Without Pain – Baby Mammoth – Motion without Pain

002 Ant Rifle – Fez Dispenser – Ant Rifle

003 Tower Seven – Thievery Corporation – Culture of Fear

004 All Sewn Up – David Holmes – Oceans 13 Soundtrack

005 Pacific Motion – Mettle Mix - Moodswings

006 Springer – Tosca – No Hassle (Bonus Track Version)

007 Velour – Darlus – Velour

008 Never Forget – Paul Van Dyk – Reflections

009 Das Gezabel (Album Mix) – Paul Kalkbrenner – Guten Tag

010 Wichita Lineman – Fritz Kalkbrenner – Here Today Gone Tomorrow (Deluxe Version)

011 Buenaventura – Paul Van Dyk – Zurdo (Musica Original de la Pelicula)

012 Voyager – Daft Punk – Discovery

013 On My Watch – Kevin Yost and Peter Funk – The Best of Beatkilla Vol 1

014 Lost Vagueness – Thunderball – Cinescope

015 Bossapolari – Planet Lounge – Nazim

016 Mango di Bango – Tosca – Dehli 9

017 Alive (feat Bing Ji Ling) – Cantoma (feat Bing Ji Ling) - Just Landed

018 Pacific Motion – Mettle Mix – Moodswings

019 Midnight City – Studio Masters – Ibiza Sessions (The Best of Today’s EDM Trax)

020 Chequer Heart Day – Fritz Kalkbrenner – Sick Travellin’

021 Your Shoes – Polished Chrome – Cosmic Chill Lounge Vol 3

022 Mantra – Estelle Montenegro – Waterfalls

023 Voyager – Daft Punk – Discovery

024 On My Watch – Kevin Yost and Peter Funk – The Best of Beatkilla Vol 1

BrerTurtle

The Landing, West Side and Town Center areas of Disney Springs have their own individual loops. Town Center probably has separate daytime and nighttime loops as well. Your list looks like it is for a combination of some of those loops.
BTW, there are complete playlists for all of Disney Springs on that Other Site that eyore is also on.

Last edited:

Paul

It is. I just wandered around. I will see if I can separate it unless the lists are already known. I do not know what the Other Site is ...

monorailpilot

I'm new, so I don't know what the "other site" is either, but I compiled this list for The Landing myself in case it helps anyone:
  1. "Scorpio Rising" Thunderball
  2. "Dove C'è Luce" Tony Esposito
  3. "Motion Without Pain" Baby Mammoth
  4. "Ant Rifle" Fez Dispenser
  5. "Tower Seven" Thievery Corporation
  6. "All Sewn Up" David Holmes
  7. "Summer Song" The Karminsky Experience Inc.
  8. "Napoleonic Rain-Hats" Fez Dispenser
  9. "Rosetta Drive" The Karminsky Experience Inc.
  10. "Lost Vagueness" Thunderball
  11. "Mysterious Muses" Baby Mammoth
  12. "Bossapolari" Planet Lounge
  13. "Mango Di Bango" Tosca
  14. "Agnes 2" Jerome C
  15. "Quick Kick" Baby Mammoth
  16. "The Drive Rossbourgh" David Holmes

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I do not know what the Other Site is ...

I'm new, so I don't know what the "other site" is either

I believe he's referring to a pirate/torrent site that we try not to mention here out of respect for the law and the relationship that we have with Walt Disney Records. I'm not sure what the benefit of posting playlists to that site would be, either, as most everything there is hidden from public view. I'm not a member, so I have no clue what is or isn't available. :cautious:

debvee60

Spent two long hours yesterday recording the new Marketplace BGM. While the other areas of DTD/Disney Springs are playing a selection of fairly typical mall needledrop music, the Marketplace has a totally original loop of Disney songs arranged in a jazz-techno-fusion style. It got to be one of the longest original BGM loops Disney has ever produced.

The loop runs 1:44:00.8. There are crossfades or overlaps between tracks, and the loop doesn't contain a single silent gap longer than a fraction of a second. I'm genuinely not sure where the start point is- so good job, I guess.

Some of the arrangements are pretty out there and the melody sometimes isn't apparent until a minute or so into the tracks. There are two tracks who's melodies I have yet to identify:

•A Whole New World
•You Can Fly!
•Almost There
•True Love's Kiss
•Be Our Guest
•???????
•Hakuna Matata
•For The First Time in Forever / Let It Go Medley
•If I Didn't Have You (Monsters Inc. Theme)
•I See The Light
•Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat
•???????
•Reflection
•Can You Feel the Love Tonight
•The Incredibles Theme
•Colors of the Wind
•Go The Distance
•Friend Like Me
•When Will My Life Begin?
•I Wanna Be Like You
•You've Got A Friend In Me
•When Can I See You Again?
•Part Of Your World
•Winnie the Pooh

So is there an artist/band/production company etc associated with this list? Thank you for posting it. I enjoy listening to this at work.