Disney music on "Morpheus"

MOOCHIE

Hi, I recently found loads of Disney tracks on the "Napster" like service, called "Morpheus", what is the feeling about downloading from here?, there seems to be a lot of the forever stuff there......

SharonKurland

Before, during and after Napster's heyday, there were bunches of other online places to share media files. Since the anticipation of Napster's demise, these sites have increased quite a bit. Which one youuse depends on your preferences, speed of your computer, etc. I used Morpheus for a while but prefer KaZaA for copies of music that's not available on CD.

-Sharon-

MOOCHIE

HI SHARON, DOES KAZAA HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT THAT MORPHEUS DOES? AND WHATS THIS ABOUT DL FOREVER CLOSING?

will

Bill,

go to zeropaid.com and download KaZaA Lite. This is a version that does not contain any of the spyware included in the regular versions of KaZaA or Morpheus. You might also try WinMX, which to my knowledge doesn't contain any spyware.

SharonKurland

Moochie-

A few months back, Morpheus changed their network and there were less search options (similar to Gnutella). Therefore it was a lot harder to find stuff. KaZaA uses the "old" system, so that's a good thing ...you can seach by song title, artist, album title, etc.
With so many more options to search through, it's easier to pinpoint and find what you want.
-Sharon-

Morpheus has become almost useless since they changed and Kazaa might be better but it loads spyware and will not run if you use a program like adaware to remove the spyware. When I ran the very newest version of adaware it found so many spy programs on my drive that I got rid of all these programs except for audiogalaxy which I still like and winmx which i barely use at all anymore.

xfkirsten

Yup, I stopped using KaZaA because the spyware drove me nuts... I ran AdAware ind it found 185 spyware files. ::)

-Kirsten

MikkiMom

When I ran the very newest version of adaware it found so many spy programs on my drive that I got rid of all these programs except for audiogalaxy which I still like and winmx which i barely use at all anymore.

What is adaware and where can I get it? I was thinking about Audiogalaxy but I heard there was a spyware problem there too. Thanks.

MM

2 More Reasons To Avoid Kazaa

On 5/19, Cnet noted the activation of the hidden "Brilliant Digital network" surreptitiously installed into millions of Kazaa file-sharing clients :

"Paid content will invade the Kazaa file-swapping network Monday in a major commercial test of a service that until now has lured millions of people with free music, video and other digital files.

?Along with finding search results that point to unfettered MP3s, Kazaa users will begin to see links to songs for sale from record labels and advertisements linked to keyword searches.

The move is fraught with controversy as it is the first application of Altnet, a service from Kazaa partner Brilliant Digital Entertainment that came to light amid a Web privacy storm last month. Some Kazaa users reacted with outrage when they discovered that bits of Altnet had been quietly installed on their computers, creating a network to be manipulated by a little-known company whose ambitions were unknown."

Additionally, the Benjamin worm exploits the Kazaa network to infect file-sharing peers, posing as a media file.