Disney Laserdiscs

rbendtzen

Hi.

I understand that the Disney films that were released on laserdisc contain isolated music and effects trackss as an audio channel. I am debating whether or not to buy a laserdisc player. since really the only reason I want Disney laserdiscs is because of the isolated tracks and also because there might be supplements on it that might not be on the DVD versions.

Does anyone know if there is such a player out there that comes as a laserdisc, DVD and VCR combo, all in one unit? If there is one, I might consider buying one. If not, then if any of you have laserdiscs of the Disney classic films? If so, once I tell you what my favorite classic Disney films are, would it be possible for anyone out there to make me an MP3 file of the isolated tracks or any other supplements not on the DVD editions in your spare time? Or would you simply suggest that I get my own laserdisc player? Please understand that I do realize that it can be time consuming to make MP3s for others.

First, please let me know if anyone can help me with this, Thank you very much.

Rob Bendtzen

Yes, certain laserdiscs have isolated score tracks. Not sure about SFX tracks tho. Some have supplememnts not included on DVDS, but I couldn't give you a list as I've never compared them. I would suggest getting a laserdisc player, if you can find one, only if you can also find the discs you are interested in. I kept my player only so I could do just what you are hoping to do, but haven't had time to do it.

Good luck finding any of the stuff. Try EBAY. Some soundtrack newsgroups might have MP3 posting of some of what you are looking for.

Rich T

Hi. The Boxed Laser Disc of Alice In Wonderland is well worth tracking down. It contains bonuses not found on any DVD and has an isolated score/effects track, though I had an odd experience with my copy: I got some buzz/static noise on the isolated track in a few places. I don't know if it was just my copy of the disc, my player, or what (or if anyone else had this issue). This, of course, was before the days of Randy's restored soundtrack series. I've since sold most of my laser discs, but I kept the Alice set mainly because it's so cool looking.

Sigh...Laser Discs were so much better than videotapes, but I wish I could've guessed just how fast DVDs would evolve. I'd have saved a lot of money. Still, it was a fun time.