Deluxe Mary Poppins Soundtrack?

X-S Tech

Came across this teaser a while ago and missed the Mary Poppins hint. Is this simply a reference to the upcoming 2 Disc DVD or will there be a Soundtrack reissue as well? An expanded Soundtrack with instrumentals would be a dream come true. Is this actually finally happening? And do we know why it hasn't happened before (besides a total lack of interest on the company's behalf)? What I mean is, do these isolated elements even exist anymore? Is it simply the normal legal difficulties? Just curious. And excited!

atomobile

Hello,
Yes, the complete recording sessions exist. And those are being used for the new expanded Mary Poppins CD coming later this year. There will be a limited edition CD with a bonus CD of rare material form the 60's (i.e. demos, vintage interviews, pre-production meetings, etc). As it stands right now, many of the musical score elements are being used in the new CD including extended music from the animated section of the film and a few added background score pieces. Reaserach is being done (or probably done by now) on the music used for the Intermission and exit. Once the information is in, it will be looked for for possible inclusion (depends on what the research finds). This, like all work-in-progress projects is subject to change.
Your friend,
Louis Gonzalez

Jeff

Hello,
Yes, the complete recording sessions exist. And those are being used for the new expanded Mary Poppins CD coming later this year. There will be a limited edition CD with a bonus CD of rare material form the 60's (i.e. demos, vintage interviews, pre-production meetings, etc). As it stands right now, many of the musical score elements are being used in the new CD including extended music from the animated section of the film and a few added background score pieces. Reaserach is being done (or probably done by now) on the music used for the Intermission and exit. Once the information is in, it will be looked for for possible inclusion (depends on what the research finds). This, like all work-in-progress projects is subject to change.
Your friend,
Louis Gonzalez

Louis,

Any idea what kind of a release this will be? That is to ask, will it be probably be released as a Wonderland CD or more available? Any idea *how* limited?
Thanks in advance!
-Jeff

X-S Tech

I wonder if it will coincide with the DVD release, since that's coming up rather quickly isn't it? Glad to hear that this is finally happening!

atomobile

This won't be a Wonderland release, it will be available everywhere in the US. They might be released a few weeks early at the Disney Store, but considering the situation with Disney Stores disappearing left and right, that might change. The limited edition one with the extra CD should be enough for us collectors. To be on the safe side, I would buy it right away. As usual, things can always change. These are just the plans for now. It will be out later this year (I hope before the DVD).
Your friend,
Louis Gonzalez

Technirama70

I had managed to piece the songs with the score, using the monaural isolated track from the Laser Disc, and the songs from the cd, to make a some-what complete 2-cd soundtrack for MP, with songs in stereo, and score in mono. It's not a bad listen, but I can't wait for an official professional release. These are how mine are set up:

Disc One:
1) Main Title
2) One Man Band
3) Sister Suffragette
4) POSTS!
5) The Life I Lead
6) The Perfect Nanny
7) Return to the Nursery
8) Up the Chimney/A Change in the Wind Direction/Admiral Boom
9) Flying Nannies!/Mary Poppins Arrives
10) I'll Be Seeing the Children Now
11) The Position Has Been Filled/The Nursery
12) A Spoonful of Sugar
13) An Outing to the Park
14) The Pavement Artist (Chim Chim Cheree)
15) Looking at the Pavement Art
16) A Jolly Holiday
17) The Penguin Dance/The Magic Carousel/A Country Ride
18) Fox Hunt!/The Horse Race
19) Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
20) The Rain/Return Home
21) Stay Awake

Disc One Run TIme - 45:08

Disc Two:
1) The Next Morning
2) Posts!/Banks Returns to the Bank/Errands to Run
3) Off to Uncle Albert's House
4) I Love to Laugh
5) Banks Returns Home From Work
6) A British Bank (The Life I Lead)
7) Good Idea, Quite Right, Good Idea
8) Feed the Birds
9) The Trip to the Bank
10) Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
11) A Run on the Bank/Jane & Michael Lost in London
12) Chim-Chim-Cheree
13) Step in Time
14) A Man Has Dreams
15) Banks Returns to the Bank
16) Meeting with the Dawes
17) Mr. Dawes Laughs/A Change in the Wind Direction/ Mary Packs
18) Jane, Micheal, your father is calling for you
19) Let's Go Fly A Kite

Disc Two Run Time - 45:05

Now if they are able to fit all of this music onto one cd + the overture and intermission, that would be grand. If they can't put it all on one, them spread them out over two, with extras at the end of each one to fill the remaining space. The music is so wonderful, you can relive the entire movie in 90 minutes or so, walking with headphones, listening to it in your car, jogging, cycling, etc.