Defective WDW OA (2006) CD

bshelly

A co-worker of mine just brought back to me the WDW Official Album "Where Magic Lives". She purchased it at the Orlando airport as she was just passing through.

I tried to play Disc 1, but my CD player kept kicking the disc out with en error message. I inspected the disc and found that the clear plastic around the center hub (where the hole is) has a manufacturing defect. Disc 2 is perfect and plays back just fine :)

Can anyone tell me who I can contact at Disney to request a replacement disc or perhaps exchange the 2-disc set? I am in the Chicago area, so everything will have to be done via US Mail or UPS.

Thanks for any information you can provide :)

Zefi

I had the same exact problem with Disc 1 on the Disneyland 2006 Official Album. The center plastic hub was deformed, causing it to skip in my player. I just returned it at the park a few days later for a replacement. The replacement copy was better, but not perfect. You could still see some notches on the lower layer of plastic around the hub of the disc. At least now it didn't skip.

In general though, it seems like Disneyland and WDW are using some awful disc manufacturers. First I had problems with scratches on my 6-disc Disneyland set, and now some of the 2006 Official Albums have damaged hubs.

bshelly

Interesting Zefi!, I hadn't heard that about the Disneyland discs. I will have to check my other recent DL and WDW discs for defects. Some I haven't even opened.

jonyyeh

In general though, it seems like Disneyland and WDW are using some awful disc manufacturers. First I had problems with scratches on my 6-disc Disneyland set, and now some of the 2006 Official Albums have damaged hubs.

Universal distributes all of Walt Disney Records' Music, even the theme park albums. That's why you see a small Universal logo on the back of the CD. Therefore, it could be Universal's fault.

Just got back from the Christmas trip to WDW.

My Official Album Disk 1 also had the chewed up center. Fortunately, the disk played, but not before I scraped out the crumbling excess plastic from where the machine must have chipped the disk as it moved along the line.

I have a 6Disk Disneyland box in plastic. I suppose i should *gasp* open the shink wrap to see how they look.

bshelly

I sent the 2-disc set back to WDW Merchandise Services and was told they will replace the 2-Disc CD Album and would refund my shipping. Way to go Disney!!! I just hope the replacement discs are ok. If not, I hope they are willing to investigate further.