Crystal Palace [MK] / Plaza Inn [DL]

Crystal Palace vs. Plaza Inn

I have a question for everyone. Trying to clean up the mess that is my unsorted/unchecked Disney files, and I came upon two identical tracks that are named different things. (Surprise! ;) ) One is labeled "Plaza Inn Music Loop", and the others is labeled "Crystal Palace Music Loop". They are 59:18 long, and 55,596 kb in size. I tried searching on the site, but the best I came up with was a mention in the thread [topic="17"]Disneyland Music Loops[/topic] back on March 2002 by Ryan Kilpatrick:

Anyway, I read somewhere that the Plaza Inn BGM was the same as the Crystal Palace in WDW. Not that I have that list, but I know that it exists somewhere. If anyone has the Crystal Palace list, then we can find the Plaza Inn.
Does anyone know for sure if that is true? Otherwise, one (if not both) of these tracks is mislabeled.
Thanks in advance

Zarpman

Re:Crystal Palace vs. Plaza Inn

Maybe I'm going crazy or something, but I seem to remember hearing instrumental versions of Winnie The Pooh songs while at the Crystal Pace back in March of ths year.

Am I halucinating?

No; I don't believe you're hallucinating, Zärpman. I'm pretty sure I heard the same at Crystal Palace back in June 2002. However, I'm curious to know if they changed the background music following the July-Dec 2002 rehab. (New ceiling, new windows, new ladies' restroom, and expanded the seating area.) Can anyone comment on this? I didn't stop at the Crystal Palace during our January trip this year but I can check in October. If anyone's able to check sooner that'd be great!

MattOrkin

The Crystal Palace file I have sounds like the music that currently plays in the Plaza Inn at Disneyland. Perhaps it did play in the Crystal Palace in MK when they had a similar food setup(cafeteria). Winnie the Pooh music inside the Crystal Palace is apropos considering the characters.

ALOHA

Horizons

Playlist Author
Re: Crystal Palace vs. Plaza Inn

Bringing back the old posts...

Can anyone confirm that the 59:18 Crystal Palace loop that has been in general circulation for years is/was played in WDW?

From DL Flight 295's recent [post="25773"]post[/post]:

The original Crystal Palace music at WDW also used tracks from some of those albums as well as others and later also played as the BGM for the Plaza Inn at DL. At some point in the 80's the Crystal Palace BGM was changed with new music that also was used at TDL's Crytal Palace.
So if the 59:18 loop is specific to WDW, I am trying to determine whether it was the old or the new loop, and whether both of these loops are out.

mmmfan

Re: Crystal Palace vs. Plaza Inn

I don't know if this will help you or not.I was watching a home video showing Crystal Palace exterior and could clearly hear an instrumental version of "Easter Parade".I believe this was taped in 1996.

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Sorry to be bringing back an old thread, but I figured Jay would appreciate my not starting a new one. (Perhaps he can also rename this to more appropriately fit my new post?)

I have been struggling to make a playlist from the approx. 59.30 loop associated with the Crystal Palace and Plaza Inn. I'd like to post the work I've done with hopes that someone else can add some additional info, as I'm stumped at the moment:

01. Dream of Autumn (Songe d'Automne)
-- Palm Court Theatre Orchestra, Salon to Swing

02. Unknown B

03. Unknown C

04. Fragrance
-- Palm Court Theater Orchestra, Salon to Swing

05. Waltz for Evelyn
-- Randy Newman, Ragtime Soundtrack

06. Unknown F

07. Unknown G

08. Unknown H

09. Unknown I

10. Unknown J (medley? includes Under Paris Skies)

11. Unknown K

12. Unknown L

13. Unknown M

14. Smiles
-- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra, Whistler and His Dog

15. The Grasshopper's Dance
-- Palm Court Theatre Orchestra, The Picnic Party

16. Unknown P

17. Unknown Q

18. Silver Birds [edited]

19. Unknown S

20. In the Shadows

A few other matters: First, I would suggest this is the second loop used, at least at the Crystal Palace, based on the dates of the source material discovered so far. I believe the Ragtime soundtrack dates from 1981. The Palm Court Theatre Orchestra's The Picnic Party had a 1980 LP release; I found a 1992 CD release for Salon to Swing. Does anyone have information regarding when the Disney music version of the Crystal Palace loop (referenced in posts above) was installed? Is it still used?

Second, can anyone verify that this loop was actually used in either the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, or Tokyo Disneyland?

As always, any additional information is tremendously appreciated.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
Thanks for bringing up a thread about this. I don't have anything useful to contribute to this thread (yet) but I've always wanted to no more about this. Any idea if the 59:18 loop is a source or induction recording?

DavidG

Second, can anyone verify that this loop was actually used in either the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland, or Tokyo Disneyland?

Sorry, I can't confirm for either of those three, but I can confirm that it was (is?) used at Disneyland Paris' Plaza Gardens restaurant (and for a while at the Salon Mickey shareholders' lounge).

MightyTriton

Sorry to be bringing back an old thread, but I figured Jay would appreciate my not starting a new one. (Perhaps he can also rename this to more appropriately fit my new post?)

I have been struggling to make a playlist from the approx. 59.30 loop associated with the Crystal Palace and Plaza Inn. I'd like to post the work I've done with hopes that someone else can add some additional info, as I'm stumped at the moment:

01. Dream of Autumn (Songe d'Automne)
-- Palm Court Theatre Orchestra, Salon to Swing

02. Unknown B

03. Unknown C

04. Fragrance
-- Palm Court Theater Orchestra, Salon to Swing

05. Waltz for Evelyn
-- Randy Newman, Ragtime Soundtrack

06. Unknown F

07. Unknown G

08. Unknown H

09. Unknown I

10. Unknown J (medley? includes Under Paris Skies)

11. Unknown K

12. Unknown L

13. Unknown M

14. Smiles
-- Paragon Ragtime Orchestra, Whistler and His Dog

15. The Grasshopper's Dance

16. Unknown P

17. Unknown Q

18. Silver Birds [edited]

19. Unknown S

20. In the Shadows

A few other matters: First, I would suggest this is the second loop used, at least at the Crystal Palace, based on the dates of the source material discovered so far. I believe the Ragtime soundtrack dates from 1981. The Palm Court Theatre Orchestra's The Picnic Party had a 1980 LP release; I found a 1992 CD release for Salon to Swing. Does anyone have information regarding when the Disney music version of the Crystal Palace loop (referenced in posts above) was installed? Is it still used?

As always, any additional information is tremendously appreciated.
Having recorded all kinds of stuff at Disneyland, I can tell you that the loop was/is used at the Plaza Inn. It also ran at the Crystal Palace from my understanding and was later removed.

MightyTriton