CD   iTunes   MP3 

Read more about this playlist...

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I get the feeling that they load these tracks into an mp3 player or rip to a computer and then copy them to whatever they use to play the loops. The players I have all arrange whatever you load into them in alpha order regardless of how you upload them (which means I spend hours typing 001,002,003 and so on - yes, three digits needed on my players and PCs load in alpha order anyway).
Would it really kill them to number them so they play in the way they intended. It's a shame as the play order used to make sense at one time.
Maybe that's why they no longer have playlists - track 1, track 2 is the best they can do now?
Or are they just giving the fans something to do in the evenings :lol:

I get the feeling that they load these tracks into an mp3 player or rip to a computer and then copy them to whatever they use to play the loops. The players I have all arrange whatever you load into them in alpha order regardless of how you upload them (which means I spend hours typing 001,002,003 and so on - yes, three digits needed on my players and PCs load in alpha order anyway). Would it really kill them to number them so they play in the way they intended. It's a shame as the play order used to make sense at one time. Maybe that's why they no longer have playlists - track 1, track 2 is the best they can do now? Or are they just giving the fans something to do in the evenings :lol:

It's just interesting that they seem to just take the easy way out for WDW loops, yet a lot of the Disneyland Resort ones tend to be crafted with a little more care.

Club 33

Playlist Author
Wow- I had a general idea of what played here but somehow seeing it all laid out as such it's even worse than I would have thought. And yet... still better than the interior loop, in my opinion.

My friend who used to work at the Contempo says most likely they're using MP3 CDs for playblack, and thus the player is simply playing the files in alphabetical order from the disk. Of course, that could have easily been avoided by simply numbering the filenames in a different order, but I digress. it doesn't explain why the loop stops at L- perhaps there was at some point a second disk in a multi-changer (or that was the intent).

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Good point. One wonders what they had on the second disc and if it's ever been used.
Hotel Disneyland generally plays (in order) one Disney CD (1992 collection No1) but it does, occasionally change as, I think, do the other hotel loops.
I'm not going every month to find out though! I wonder if they intended to play one after the other or rotate them.
Why do we always end up with more questions than answers?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Note that Tracks 24 and 28 are not in alphabetical order. That should dispel any myth that these nuts don't have any control over the playback order. And, as previously discussed, if they're up against some sort of hardware limitations, it's their job to know what they are, and to work around them (e.g., rename the tracks or combine them all into one). Playing music in alphabetical order is just plain stupid! These guys should be embarrassed out of their gourds! Hell, they should be embarrassed that these loops are 15 years old, too, but that's another story!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I suppose they transferred from the alpha storage and realised it was too short and someone added one of a suitable length (or more likely one they liked) and shoved it on the end. I agree, the music should reflect the area and be nicely placed to retain the mood. These people just can't be bothered any more.
Mind you, looking at their choices, maybe they got no volunteers to sit through them. :sleep:

John Rex

Can someone give me a tracklist for this area music? I've been wanting to listen to the Smooth Jazz area music of the Contemporary resort for a long time, when I press read more about this playlist, an error message pops up.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Contemporary-Play-Fountain.jpg

Soaking up the sounds at the Contemporary

Six years and two weeks after my original recording was made, “I Want You” and “If I Ever Lose My Faith in You” are still repeating just the same. :oops:

But... wait... what's this?! Instead of looping back to the beginning after Track 28, it appears that someone at Disney has managed to find the rest of the missing alphabet. Oh, goody! It looks like I'm gonna be here for a couple/few hours. :sleep:

There goes my FastPass for Frozen... :(

msg7

Oh boy... I have a looonggg flight on Wednesday and I’ll be listening to a lot of playlists from here and this for sure will be one of them!!

John Rex

Newly restored. :cool: Thanks to @John Rex and @MBWDW for the nudge! ;)

Thanks for refreshing! I actually didn't know that this was the thread for the rear/pool side playlist which I've also heard some of before. I thought this thread was for the playlist of the exterior front side of the resort where the main entrance to the lobby is as well as the balconies on the upper floors overlooking the Magic Kingdom and Seven Seas Lagoon which is a different loop to this rear/pool one. It features more Smooth Jazz from the mid to late '80s, I know it has several tracks from Kim Pensyl. It might also be the same loop used in the interior of the resort but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I thought this thread was for the playlist of the exterior front side of the resort...

I've changed the name of this loop from "Rear Exterior" to "Feature Pool" to avoid confusion as to where it can be heard. Considering that the Feature Pool and Water Play Area speakers were the only ones working when I visited/recorded on March 18, this might be a good idea anyway. :ROFL:

You'll find the Kim Pensyl tracks here. :)

Waitingfordisney

This music hasn't been playing on our last few visits! 😭 We tried talking to the front desk and the outside pool area staff but they all thought we were crazy. Apparently they didn't notice the music!