Circle D Corral BGM [DL]

edwardsms

After admiring the detailed work that is shared in this forum, I was inspired to take on a (SMALL) area that, I don't believe, has been addressed yet. The following is a partial track listing based on what I could identify on-site with Shazam and my own internal music database. I have not recorded this loop, but have been in the location several times to determine the number of tracks. This is a work in progress.

Any input, guidance, suggestions would be most welcome. Sorry about the format, I set up my playlists in a spreadsheet.

Mark

Disneyland (California), Frontierland, Circle D Corral, BGM (March, June, September 2010)

1. Tucker's Barn (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  2. Rainbow (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  3. You've Got A Friend In Me (instrumental); Rider's In The Sky; Woody's Roundup
  4. (I've Got) Spurs That Jingle, Jangle, Jingle (instrumental)
  5. Back in the Saddle Again (Instrumental)
  6. Unknown (Instrumental)
  7. June Apple (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  8. Unknown (Instrumental)
  9. Black Mountain Rag (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  10. Home On The Range (Instrumental)
  11. Unknown (Instrumental)
  12. Unknown (Instrumental)
  13. Cool Water (Instrumental)
  14. Unknown (Instrumental)
  15. New Track or Continuation of Track 14 (Instrumental)
  16. Fiddler's Dram (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  17. Stone's Rag (Instrumental); Doc Watson; Foundation: Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection, 1964-1998
  18. Happy Trails (Instrumental)

wedroy1923

Playlist Author
Thanks for posting this ... looks like a fun loop! Are some of the tracks, e.g. "Back in the Saddle Again," from the Frontierland / Big Thunder Ranch loop?

I also knoticed for this loop when I was there in January that some of the music was from WDW's/DLP's Frontierland current loop, I heard Cool Water, Darling Clementine, Home on the Range and On Top of Old Smokey, can we confirm that these are in the loop and does anyone have a reference recording?

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
My dad would probably enjoy this one. He is a huge Doc Watson fan. I may have to see if he has some of these.

Sounds an interesting loop. Not a particular Doc Watson fan but I do enjoy this type of music in the parks.
Short clips (30 seconds or less - no longer) are, I believe, permitted to be linked to for ID purposes if you want us to try and ID the unknown ones. Someone may just recognize the tune at least.
Take a recorder with you next time (or record them on your phone) ;)
It's always good to have a live reference recording to refer back to.

Short clips (30 seconds or less - no longer) are, I believe, permitted to be linked to for ID purposes if you want us to try and ID the unknown ones. Someone may just recognize the tune at least.
I am willing to bet 100% that those unknown songs are from the Frontierland loop here at WDW and DLP. If u can get us those samples Mark VI, I can cross-check them with the Frontierland BGM loop and see what the names are by checking that up against Horizons' Frontierland listing. Cause both Cool Water and Back in the Saddle Again, are in the Frontierland loop and are instrumentals ;). And like I said, I have heard those 4 songs that I mentioned in my last post, while I was there in Jan, so I gotta be on the right track, Wedroy, can u confirm that music from Frontierland in WDW/DLP is used in this loop??!!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I am willing to bet 100% that those unknown songs are from the Frontierland loop here at WDW and DLP. If u can get us those samples Mark VI, I can cross-check them with the Frontierland BGM loop and see what the names are by checking that up against Horizons' Frontierland listing. Cause both Cool Water and Back in the Saddle Again, are in the Frontierland loop and are instrumentals ;). And like I said, I have heard those 4 songs that I mentioned in my last post, while I was there in Jan, so I gotta be on the right track, Wedroy, can u confirm that music from Frontierland in WDW/DLP is used in this loop??!!

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately I don't have a recording of the Corral BGM to check against but those Frontierland tracks do tend to turn up in several other locations.
Have a look at the Cowboy Cookout track listing in our DLRP blog and see if any of the tracks jog a memory (the WDW Frontierland tracks are marked with a *)

edwardsms

Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.

My impression is that the 'titled' instrumental tracks are not the same as those currently playing in Frontierland/Big Thunder. The instrumentation is much simpler (e.g., single guitar, mandolin, banjo), not the orchestral instrumental pieces in those other adjacent areas.

I am heading to the park in December, and will have a digital recorder in hand, in order to continue working on this loop.

CThaddeus

You'll most likely find a completely different loop when you go in December. Big Thunder Ranch has in the past few years had three different loops - Halloween, Christmas, and a regular loop (which you've started identifying). The Christmas loop was the same one that plays in Frontierland. The Halloween one was, up until this year, only three songs. Now, it's around 50 minutes in length. A number of the songs come from the Riders in the Sky "Woody's Round-Up" CD referenced in your listing.