Cinderella Castle - A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
Hello:

Does anyone have any live recording - even a short clip of less that great quality - of the Cinderella Castle corridor prior to the 1990s?

I tried to find the actual comment, but I remember reading that "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" served as "area music" for the Castle corridor in the 1970s and 1980s. I am wanting to verify if I indeed have the correct version, i.e. song without additional vocals or sound effects, running about 2.32.

As always, any help in solving this mystery is tremendously appreciated.

Hi. You are correct, sir. It was the version from the original sountrack, without sound effects or other dialogue. It ran on a loop until the castle forecourt stage was built. If you look at pictures from before Eisner, you will see the difference. Now, most of the castle tunnel serves as stage "wings" for those shows.

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
Hi. You are correct, sir. It was the version from the original sountrack, without sound effects or other dialogue. It ran on a loop until the castle forecourt stage was built. If you look at pictures from before Eisner, you will see the difference. Now, most of the castle tunnel serves as stage "wings" for those shows.
Thanks for the information!

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
For those of you who are playing along at home: I finally found some footage on youtube from inside the Cinderella Castle corridor filmed in 1987. While it is certainly just a clip, you can indeed hear Illene Woods singing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
For those of you who are playing along at home: I finally found some footage on youtube from inside the Cinderella Castle corridor filmed in 1987. While it is certainly just a clip, you can indeed hear Illene Woods singing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes."
Is this the CD with the 2:32 "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" track? I have a 3:16 and a 4:36 long version and can't find where the 2:32 long version is. I did, however, find a track 2:33 long titled, "Sleeping Beauty's Castle Area Sounds". Is this it?

wedroy1923

Premium Member
Playlist Author
Is this the CD with the 2:32 "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" track? I have a 3:16 and a 4:36 long version and can't find where the 2:32 long version is. I did, however, find a track 2:33 long titled, "Sleeping Beauty's Castle Area Sounds". Is this it?
Actually, you will be looking for an LP: Walt Disney's Cinderella, #1207 (released 1963).

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
There is a Japanese CD combining Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty that features a 2:30 version of A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes.

Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty [Import]
  1. Cinderella 1:24
  2. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes 2:30
  3. Oh Sing Sweet Nightingale 2:02
  4. The Work Song 2:16
  5. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes 3:06
  6. Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (The Magic Song) 2:22
  7. Cinderella Arrives at the Ball 2:31
  8. So This Is Love (The Cinderella Waltz) 1:33
  9. Finale 4:24
  10. Main Title (Once Upon a Dream) 1:15
  11. Hail to the Princess Aurora 1:10
  12. Gifts of Beauty and Song / Maleficent Appears / True Love Conquers All 4:39
  13. Blue Bird / I Wonder 2:45
  14. Woodland Symphony / Once Upon a Dream 3:36
  15. Skumps 1:27
  16. Sleeping Beauty Song 1:47
  17. Battle With the Force of Evil / Awakening (Love Theme) / Finale (Once Upon a Dream) 6:00
Total Time: 44:47

:) CD

eyore

DLRP explorer
Premium Member
Playlist Author
Bother!
Have they stopped making 78s now then? :)