Caribbean Plaza Area Music

Miss Tilly

I'm a Noob!
I've thought we've discussed this topic before in another thread, but i have not been able to locate it. Has a list of tracks been identified as to the play order for this area loop, consisting of the films score? If I'm not mistaken, is there also a section of this loop that was not commercially available on any of the soundtrack releases?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I've thought we've discussed this topic before in another thread, but i have not been able to locate it. Has a list of tracks been identified as to the play order for this area loop, consisting of the films score? If I'm not mistaken, is there also a section of this loop that was not commercially available on any of the soundtrack releases?
I have a fair amount of time invested in this playlist, which includes obtaining the reference recording and coming up with the sequence and edits. It seems Luke the Caretaker had an easier time (and the post sure looked familiar). :)

There is one minute of music that was not released, and, as far as I can tell, was not used in any of the movie scores.

[entry=75]Caribbean Plaza Area Music[/entry]

The Trout

Do the tracks crossfade into each other, or are there clean endings?

Horizons

Playlist Author
This doesn't really sound like the clip at all. Are you saying there is more and it matches the unreleased score?

http://wedenterprises.blogspot.com/2008/06/resident-fortune-tellers.html

TheParseeMan

This doesn't really sound like the clip at all. Are you saying there is more and it matches the unreleased score?

http://wedenterprise...ne-tellers.html
Yes, there is about a minute more that was released in the Forever Collection. :)
Several people have told me that it plays there, and I am 98% sure that I've heard it playing there, too.
You can hear the full version here:

The video title is "Pirates of the Caribbean - Area Music" though its original release was the Fortune Red score.

Horizons

Playlist Author
If you are saying the music is included in the Forever tracks, I'll check it out after I get home from seeing Captain EO. This preshow music rocks! Does anyone know the origin of the music and if it's the original preshow music? I don't remember it.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Well, part of the music does sound like The Pirates Arcade, but I'm not finding a match based on my recording. I'll have to take a closer listen over the weekend.

TheParseeMan

Well, part of the music does sound like The Pirates Arcade, but I'm not finding a match based on my recording. I'll have to take a closer listen over the weekend.
Okay, I'm realy curious to hear if it's a close match. I knew my ears weren't decieving me! :)

I have a fair amount of time invested in this playlist, which includes obtaining the reference recording and coming up with the sequence and edits. It seems Luke the Caretaker had an easier time (and the post sure looked familiar). :eek:
That boy is good, ain't he? :(
Hey, Hey, come on you guys, what I did was a mistake, alright, I talked this over with Horizons on Rodentsections and now I wanna talk it over on here. What I did was wrong, I acted without thinking, I took all the blogs down in respect of all members who's work I copied, I wanna make it up by at least hoping to help contribute to the site, can we please not mention this again, I wanna leave it in the past and concentrate on a new day, please, can we do that, I am not angry, I just dont wanna remember my stupidity for doing what I did, Thanks.

Hey, Hey, come on you guys, what I did was a mistake, alright, I talked this over with Horizons on Rodentsections and now I wanna talk it over on here. What I did was wrong, I acted without thinking, I took all the blogs down in respect of all members who's work I copied, I wanna make it up by at least hoping to help contribute to the site, can we please not mention this again, I wanna leave it in the past and concentrate on a new day, please, can we do that, I am not angry, I just dont wanna remember my stupidity for doing what I did, Thanks.

I gotta say, that is probably the sincerest apology I've ever seen on a message board, ever. Personally, I'm a big fan of forgiveness when people request it sincerely. I think it takes a lot of courage to ask for it! Bravo, FM-Deux.

In that spirit, and also in the spirit of wanting to help but being kind of clueless about how, can i request a post (I guess Mousecellaneous or the Intro would be the most appropriate fora) explaining how someone who doesn't live near a Disney park can help enhance the boards? Are there "public" reference recordings (posted on YouTube, etc.) from which we can help identify tracks? Is there a kosher way to discuss obtaining reference recordings, for those of us planning upcoming park visits who don't have a clue about equipment, logistics, etc.? Or can we help by filling in some of the album information and links to Amazon, iTunes, etc.?

I think this site is pretty awesome for its scholarliness and its cross-checking, and I'd personally like to contribute, but I don't know how to start. I also think a lot of people may not know how to "cite" this site correctly on other boards or why it's important to do so (although I, as an academic and someone who wants to support this forum, get this part, it's true that not everyone does). With some direction from the mod/admin-types, I'd be happy to help write a FAQ or something.

Many hands make light work! And as Snow White said, whistle while you work. And as the dwarves said, we dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the whole day through...

Oh, I'd like to also apologize in case it was my post (OF CACHED MATERIAL, which has obviously been taken down) from another thread that got FM in hot water (or reheated the water). I think there is just so much interest in this, people are excited about the information. With the exception of a few, I think most folks are not trying to do anything other than share information that makes them happy and that they think might also make other people happy. Alls I'm saying is, if there is a "right" way and a "wrong" way to do this, maybe this board should be the paragon of excellence and educate people kindly and clearly about what is appropriate. That's my $0.03 (inflation drives up the price of everything, you see).
Respectfully--
-TFB.

Horizons

Playlist Author
It's all good. If you notice, these posts were made prior to you reaching out in the other message forums. Anyone who wants to contribute to this site is more than welcome and would be appreciated, at least by me.

TFB: If you have an interest in helping with playlists, I think there are a few ways to do this. Is there a particular musical style you're fond of? If not, I've got a couple dozen Bluegrass tracks you can take off my hands. :eek:

TFB: If you have an interest in helping with playlists, I think there are a few ways to do this. Is there a particular musical style you're fond of? If not, I've got a couple dozen Bluegrass tracks you can take off my hands. :eek:

Heh. Uh, perhaps not...at least, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about it. More than a passing familiarity with sea shanties, in case eyore hasn't already got you covered there...I've recently become quite enchanted with a loop labeled Crystal Palace, presumably from the Crystal Palace restaurant...Got a sizeable collection of showtunes...pop...Hallowe'en-themed music...a bit o' this and that. Perhaps we could "chat" backchannel a bit further about genre and methodology...
(-:

Ooh, also World Showcase stuff. I have a small collection of Middle Eastern music plus some other random stuff, but I'm looking to grow that collection anyway :) I think they use a lot of world music that shows up in multiple places--e.g., in Adventureland, at AKL, etc.

with POTC in mind, Horizons, do u have a reference recording for the current POTC entrance music, I wanna reconstruct it the right way, and me not having (but investing) in an Induction recorder, I though u could maybe help me out, and do u happen to have an IR of the Unreleased track, I heard it many many many times and love it. Thanks

Horizons

Playlist Author
Ooh, also World Showcase stuff. I have a small collection of Middle Eastern music plus some other random stuff, but I'm looking to grow that collection anyway :) I think they use a lot of world music that shows up in multiple places--e.g., in Adventureland, at AKL, etc.
Middle Eastern you say...

I'm stuck on one of the Adventureland loops that fits right into this category. Any help would be appreciated here. Wedroy1923 started working up a playlist for the Crystal Palace. Have you made any determinations, assuming you have a copy of the loop?

Horizons

Playlist Author
with POTC in mind, Horizons, do u have a reference recording for the current POTC entrance music, I wanna reconstruct it the right way, and me not having (but investing) in an Induction recorder, I though u could maybe help me out, and do u happen to have an IR of the Unreleased track, I heard it many many many times and love it. Thanks
You can easily make a live recording, which is what I had to do since I've found no (easy) way to get anything better.