Brown Derby - Interior BGM

Horizons

Playlist Author
A long shot, but does anyone have a playlist of the interior BGM for the Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

We ate there on our last visit in April this year and I didn't even notice any BGM. Good luck with that one. I would like to know if you find out.

I ate there in March 2006 in the Bamboo Room. Although I cannot remember any specific titles, music like "Moonlight Serenade" would probably be part of the loop. The restaurant BGM is probably similar to Tower of Terror.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I ate their at Lunch with Imagineer, and we got a tour of the restaurant, but I never noticed any BGM. I would wager a guess it comes in from the Hollywood Boulevard loop, more so than the Sunset Boulevard one.

Horizons

Playlist Author
We ate there on our last visit in April this year and I didn't even notice any BGM. Good luck with that one. I would like to know if you find out.

I spoke to a few managers/employees while I was there, but I bet you can guess whether they were helpful or not.

ArnyVee

I spoke to a few managers/employees while I was there, but I bet you can guess whether they were helpful or not.

Let's see....hmm.....stab in the dark, but.....they had no clue? :-

Horizons

Playlist Author
Well, they were aware there was a music loop, and that is hadn't changed since the restaurant opened. But no, they had no idea of the playlist, nor where to get one.

Gurgitoy2

Do the parks not offer playlists at guest relations anymore? I remember back in the mid-90's, at least at EPCOT, they would give you a printed list of all of the area and attraction loops. Some of them weren't quite complete, but it sure as heck was better than nothing. I don't know if they do that anymore, since it seems CM's have no idea where to refer people.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Some of the older lists are available. But for the most part, Guest Relations has no information regarding the music.

boilermakerWes

-In the Mood (Glen Miller)
-I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (Tommy Dorsey)
-Moonlight Serenade (Glen Miller)
-Take the "A" Train (Duke Ellington)

I think there are 2-3 more tracks. These are at least what play in the restrooms at the Brown Derby.

Horizons

Playlist Author
-In the Mood (Glen Miller)
-I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (Tommy Dorsey)
-Moonlight Serenade (Glen Miller)
-Take the "A" Train (Duke Ellington)

I think there are 2-3 more tracks. These are at least what play in the restrooms at the Brown Derby.
I believe there are a lot more than seven tracks in the loop. How much more, I'm not sure. But I did find a great spot to get a reference recording.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I'm beginning to wonder whether Disney is buying in "ready made" loops for some areas now (meaning they pay the license for the loops rather than individual tracks even if they are insisting on what they contain)and hiring other companies to compile them for them.
My reasoning is that if Disney is paying for each track, there's a list somewhere (for royalties etc). If it's for a loop, there probably won't be (as the company they buy from would deal with that aspect - Disney would just pay them for the use of the loop).

Just my own musings, of course but it seems very strange that some listings are freely available while others (and not just the older ones lost in the mists of time) are not.
That may also account for the odd loop in which we think "what's that doing in there".
When asked, DLRP either send the listing (often with the source clearly marked) or a standard letter saying one is not available (we've had those a few times - all worded the same).
It's not always the obscure loops that are "sans listing" either which makes it curiouser and curiouser ;)

Emcduck

Playlist Author
Do the parks not offer playlists at guest relations anymore? I remember back in the mid-90's, at least at EPCOT, they would give you a printed list of all of the area and attraction loops. Some of them weren't quite complete, but it sure as heck was better than nothing. I don't know if they do that anymore, since it seems CM's have no idea where to refer people.
As of January 2009 I either grew two heads or I learned a foreign language.

Not only were they not giving out any playlists, you would have thought that I had done one (or Both) of the two previously mentioned actions. I kept telling myself that I COULDN"T be the only person who had ever asked that question. And yet every time I asked, I was given the same quizzical look, 2-3 people would get together, one would get a supervisor, and then the 4 of them would tell me that (1) they had never been asked that before (2) that there were none that they were aware of.

I asked at guest relations at all four parks, Blizzard Beach, Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

No joy at any of them.

I gave up asking, and decided that I'd get as much of my own as I could. So here I was, going around using a music ID program on my cell phone to get as much as I could. Lots of funny looks that I'm sure many of you are used to.

Nice thing was it would even give me the album. Bad thing was It couldn't help with certain songs that weren't in a standard American Play list. It had no problem with songs like "Tomorrow People" over at OKW but when it played a steel drum version of "Matilda" it was completely lost.

Club 33

Playlist Author

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Out of curiosity, I wonder if the Brown Derby in Paris studios has a loop and if it's the same?
Be next year before I would get a chance to get it (can't actually remember if one plays as I'm not a regular at the studios).
Oh well, yet another reason for a visit :lol: