BLUE HORIZONS!

WishesFan

PLEASE forgive me, I know this is not a Disney show, but it sure could be. "BLUE HORIZONS" is the new show at Sea World Orlando and it is AMAZING!!!!!! I just watched the video at laughingplace.com and the preview from Sea World?s website. Any and EVERY Disney music lover MUST listen to the music from this show. It?s incredible!

As for my question, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE?S A SOUNDTRACK??? Thanks so much!!!!

http://laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-82.asp

Have a GREAT day,
-Rick

justme

My Sea World contact says that the CD should be out in 3-4 weeks. I haven't seen Blue Horizons yet, but he raves about it and says that the theatre is filling to capacity at least 45 minutes in advance for every show. Looks like a big hit!

Dr. Know

Thanks for calling my attention to this, Rick. The music is terrific! How irritating that all of the p.r. raves about the stirring musical score performed by the Seattle Symphony Orchestra... but makes no mention of the composer.

Please let us know when the cd is available!

Thanks
Jim

xfkirsten

I saw the video of this a few days ago and I really love the music, too! I sure hope a CD comes out for it! In fact, I wish SeaWorld would release more park music. We've gotten Cirque de la Mer CDs (an Orlando version and a San Diego version) and a Shamu Adventure CD... we need more! :)

The show is a cool idea, and theatrically it's awesome... unfortunately, it bothers me that there's no educational (or even conservation) message anywhere at all. IMHO, it's better suited as a night show, which tend to be more entertainment-based. And I think the acrobats are better left to their own show, rather than taking the spotlight from the animals. :( Something lke that is best suited to its own show... maybe utilizing the waterski lagoon in a manner similar to San Diego's Cirque de la Mer.

But we all know San Diego's Cirque would be better anyways. ;) /crew member

CPNHOOK15

:p

Maybe I'm in a bad mood or something... but aside from the music (which was enjoyable) this show was weak!

Anytime one of the selling points of a show is: "Renowned costume designer, Tracy Christensen transforms the performers into creatures of the sea and air utilizing fabrics and materials not featured before in a Sea World show."
Materials not featured before in a Sea World Show? Wow! This I gotta see! not.

The stunts by both animal and human (the animals were much more enjoyable) were very repetative and nothing new. I lost count of how many times Aurora swung back and forth (and back and forth) and rotated! She actually spun! technical wizardry at it's finest folks. And Ive never seen diving before. they actually dove into water folks. Over and over again. Chills just wont go away.

I've been in the entertainment industry for the last 13 years... and the only thing that I was surprised by was the fact that they finally got a set! Too bad it's big things were 1. Jets of water (for no appearant reason)2. sinking door (again, for no appearant reason)and 3. big red canvas thing to end the show with. And nothing thrills me more than seeing people run around with flags! I can't stop the goosebumps.

Okay.... Ive said enough.

I look forward to the cd and plan on buying it.... but shoot me if I ever have to watch the show.

Have a good day! ;D
Hugs and Kisses to all!

Tim C.

xfkirsten

Yeah, the flag-waving I definitely could have done without. From an animal standpoint, the finale was nicely done. Very coordinated movements that fit the music and were very pretty. And then the flags showed up. :-

Dr. Know

Just read on one of the other boards that the composers are Tim Williams and Adam Coen, neither of whom I am familiar with...

Now, where is that cd?

justme

Does anyone else read the title of this topic and then sing "...Blue Horizons for you, and for me...?" ::)

Sorry. I can't help it.

Dr. Know

From the "better late than never" department...

I finally found this cd: in the SeaWorld shop at Orlando International Airport.

And it was worth the wait. Yes, the show looks like a total mess, but the music is, well, spectacular...

Jim

xfkirsten

I bought it off eBay awhile back (there may still be someone there selling it - I think it was in eBay Stores) and am in love with it! I definitely agree with Jim, the music is wonderful! :)

I wish SeaWorld released more music on CD... I have four (Shamu Adventure, Sea World San Diego's Cirque de la Mer, Blue Horizons, and Mistify), and I know I'm missing one (Sea World Orlando's Cirque de la Mer) but those are the only show soundtracks I know of that have had official CD releases...

Dr. Know

I also picked up the cd release of Mistify at the same time, and am quite happy with this purchase as well. The score was composed by the very talented Carl Johnson, who was responsible for HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME 2 (another fine effort, I might add).

I'm hoping for a cd release of SeaWorld's new Shamu show, "Believe," which premiered in late May. It apparently boasts another big orchestral score.

xfkirsten

I've been hoping for a "Believe" CD release, as well! While I don't care for the show itself (too much emphasis on the technical aspects of the show, not enough on the whales, and absoultely no conservation education value whatsoever) I really have fallen in love with the music. I was just at the park here in San Diego videotaping it today, and went looking through the gift shops afterward looking for a Believe CD, to no avail. I'm surprised, really - the gift shops are FULL of "Believe" merchandise. I would have expected a CD somewhere in there. But I haven't heard a word about a CD release at all, even when I was in the Entertainment Department there...

Dr. Know

I contacted the composer of "Believe," Christopher Ward, to ask about a possible cd release... he was gracious enough to send the following response:

"Thank you. I am rendering it today in Malibu, sending it off for manufacture probably by the end of next week. A month until it is available at the parks...?
I hope to be in the parks around Thanksgiving as a sendoff for the CD, signing them for Christmas."

Kirsten--can you please keep an eye out for it? SeaWorld doesn't seem to offer its cds online, and I am nowhere near any of the parks.

Jim

xfkirsten

YAY! It IS getting a release!! Of course, it doesn't come until after I stop getting the 30% employee discount. :p

I wish I could keep an eye out for it - unfortunately, I'm moving back to Seattle in less than a week! :( I still have lots of friends that work there, though, so I'll ask them to keep an eye out!

They have an online Shamu store at http://commerce.4adventure.com/EStore/Scri...mu/default.aspx but it's woefully inadequate... and I don't even see any of the "Believe"-themed merchandise anywhere. I really wish SeaWorld had a mail order department like Disney does. I may be going back to the park on Monday to see the last Cirque of the summer - if I do, I'll ask at Guest Relations on the off-chance that they have any system like that that they don't advertise.