Backlot Express Area Music

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Has anyone compiled a listing of the music that plays in the background at DHS's Backlot Express? Or is anyone aware of one on this or any other site that I can review? IIRC, the loop consists of themes from 70s and 80s TV shows, but it's been MANY years since I've been there.

Thanks!

micmouse96

The music played there is usally music from New movies, or classics. It's mostly the movies score.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The music played there is usally music from New movies, or classics. It's mostly the movies score.
Hmm... are you possibly thinking of the Echo Lake/Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular loop that you might hear from your left as you walk toward Backlot Express from the Stunt Spectacular?

Again, I haven't been there for quite some time, but I'm almost certain that at one time, 70s/80s TV themes played inside the seating area of Backlot Express.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Has anyone compiled a listing of the music that plays in the background at DHS's Backlot Express? Or is anyone aware of one on this or any other site that I can review? IIRC, the loop consists of themes from 70s and 80s TV shows, but it's been MANY years since I've been there.

Thanks!
I don't remember hearing TV themes in this area. I will be there on Friday and I will see what's playing then.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The Backlot Express area music loop is approximately one hour long and consists of randomly tossed together snippets from movie scores.

Some of the selections include:

• Main Title/Martinique [from To Have and Have Not]
  • Main Title [from Sahara]
  • The Magnificent Seven Theme [from The Magnificent Seven]
  • Finale [from The Abyss]
  • Finale and End Credits [from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom]
  • The Creation of the Female Monster [from The Bride of Frankenstein]
  • Main Title [from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan]
  • Willow the Sorcerer [from Willow]

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
The Backlot Express area music loop is approximately one hour long and consists of randomly tossed together snippets from movie scores.

Some of the selections include:

• Main Title/Martinique [from To Have and Have Not]
  • Main Title [from Sahara]
  • The Magnificent Seven Theme [from The Magnificent Seven]
  • Finale [from The Abyss]
  • Finale and End Credits [from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom]
  • The Creation of the Female Monster [from The Bride of Frankenstein]
  • Main Title [from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan]
  • Willow the Sorcerer [from Willow]
So in other words, it's the [entry=95]Echo Lake area music loop[/entry] that extends in and around the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Not sure why I remember TV themes. Oh well, chalk it up to a faulty memory.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Well, in that first thread, someone tells the original poster that it's actually the "Commissary area loop."

BTW...there is no music loop inside of the ABC Commissary. They've got a bunch of TV screens broadcasting something in there. I don't eat at any of the fast food junk places, so I have no clue what the programming is.

The TV themes do continue to play all the way down Commissary Lane to the Sci-Fi Dine-In and the Writer's Stop.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Now, if someone could get a complete playlist for The Hollywood Brown Derby, that would would be awesome! Any volunteers?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Now, if someone could get a complete playlist for The Hollywood Brown Derby, that would would be awesome! Any volunteers?
Actually, yes. I'll be down there on July 12. I've never much paid attention to the music, really, but I'm sure some sort of recording is possible.

Club 33

Playlist Author

Epcot Bill

I ate at Backlot Express last week and I seem to remember hearing the themes from L.A. Law and Hill Street Blues among other TV themes. I don't remember the others but they were definitely from TV shows.

almandot

Star Waaaars, nothing but Staaaar Waars, give me those Staaar Wars, oh let them in....., oh Star Wars! if they should buy wars, please let these Star Wars, stay.... And hey, how bout that nutty Star Wars bar, can you forget all the creatures in there? And hey, Darth Vader in that black and evil mask, did he scare you as much as he scared me? AAAH! Star Wars, those near and far wars, Staaar Waaaaaars!