Arranger of Main St. Music?

X-S Tech

I know that a number of tunes for the current DL, WDW, and DLP Main st.'s came from off the shelf CD's, and that additional tunes from Movies were reorchestrated to match those existing songs. Does anyone know who did the arrangements? Just curious.

MaX

actually, i didn't know they reochestrated those bits of music.
Anyway, I believe the new loop was made to place in DLP. Now i know that a lot of the music for DLP has been re arranged by John Debney (Phantom Manor, It's a Small World, Tea Cups, Alice Labyrinth...). So *maybe* he did this too. a total wild guess though, and probably totally wrong too, as i imagine they'd just ask a cheaper rag time conducter to do that. but maybe it will help you in your search.... a little.

X-S Tech

Did the Labyrinth have new music? When I went there I remember thinking that all of the music was from DL's Fantasyland 83. Course that's not to say that Debney didn't do it back then, as I believe he worked on a couple things then too.

MaX

hmm... good point. I guess it *is* from Fantasyland 83 then, as there are some tracks from the labyrinth on DLF. I'm pretty sure Debney did the music for the labyrinth, though i think DavidG would be able to tell you more about that.

DavidG

Yes, the Alice in Wonderland music was arranged by Debney for Disneyland Anaheim originally, then used in France for the Labyrinth (and Tea Cups). I believe he was a staff composer for Disney at the time (i.e. the early 80s).

I never heard him mentioned in connection with the Main Street music, though, and actually I doubt it was him. By the time he did PM and Small World for Paris, he was already an independent composer and was hired specifically for these two projects (Small World first, then PM on recommendation by Tom Morris).