Another World's Fair CD Set Update

Picture a meadow after a cool spring rain. It?s just after sunrise, and the gentle breeze ruffles the trees as the birds begin their sweet morning symphony. The babbling brook lulls you into a calm so relaxing, you?re at total peace ? the still waters of a mirror-like lake. All is well, and nothing can rattle your sense of bliss.

Now that you?re all calm and relaxed ?

Walt Disney and the 1964 World?s Fair has been delayed.

Meadow, spring rain, gentle breeze ? CALM.

There has been a manufacturing error. We recently received the print samples of the packaging and were unsatisfied with the results. We are now having the plant scrap everything and start over.

Obviously, this will delay the release ? up to 5 weeks. I know this is disappointing, but sometimes these things happen. I?m sure you understand ? the set has to be right.

It?s taken nearly 9 years to get this out ? without really knowing whether it would actually happen or not. Now that it?s done and WILL BE RELEASED, waiting another 5 weeks or so isn?t too long to wait ? in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. As soon as I have the new release date, I?ll shout it from the rooftops!!

Randy Thornton

Its ok Randy!
We can wait all year long if we have to! Its better to have things done right than to have a sloppy job done!. We all appreciate your hard work and determination to get this stuff released for us Disney music lovers!. I remember when the DL 50th CD Set came out and i was very excited so im very excited about this set and waiting another 5 weeks isn't going to kill us. When we do get the set i know a lot of people will be thanking you!
Thanks so much for making Musical Magic!

I'm *starting* to think that you're toying with my emotions... hmmmm...

I do appreciate your peaceful invocation, though. It helped me take the news with some calm...

Obviously, it's important that this one gets done right so the delay is appropriate. I just hope that the wrath of the Mouse comes down on whoever screwed it up. :(

OK, off to practice my breathing exercises...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Don't believe the "manufacturing error" claims, folks. The truth is that Randy finally received the last few tracks from [topic="4007"]Dave O'Neal[/topic] and they're just now going to manufacturing. :(

Thanks for the update, Randy!

Horizons

Playlist Author
Don't believe the "manufacturing error" claims, folks. The truth is that Randy finally received the last few tracks from [topic="4007"]Dave O'Neal[/topic] and they're just now going to manufacturing. :(
I wonder how much Randy had to pay for them? :amazon:

micca

While I appreciate wonderful packaging, I normally just throw the discs into my changer and rip them to iTunes. So Randy, is there some place I could meet you and I can just buy the cds out of the
trunk of your car? At a *reduced rate* of course :(

DISCLAIMER: I am totally joking and I think Randy should be commended for keeping those of us on the grass-roots level in touch with updates.

Jay, you should ask Randy to send you one of the sets in the "unstatisfied" packaging and give it out as a new contest prize :amazon:

Bound (no pun intended :amazon: ) to become an instant collectable like a defect in a coin. :(

s8ntmark

But.....My birthday :(

sniff....

sniff.....

Well. Well...Huh. Okay, thanks for telling us what's going on. But more than that, thanks for always watching out for the quality of the finished product. You are correct, it has to be done right, because you may not get a second shot. So thanks. Again.

BLM07

Maybe the thread title should read "The New York World's Fair wasn't built in a day" instead :(