Animal Kingdom Lodge [2002]

Playlist Animal Kingdom Lodge [2002]

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'm bumping this thread not to get someone to answer my questions in the last post, which I no longer need, but, rather, to highlight the first post discussing the works of Oumou Sangare. If you like the musical style of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I highly recommend trying out any (and all) of her four CDs.

Jay will probably tell me there's some obscure release that can only be purchased in a remote village in West Africa.

I got some of her stuff. I really love it. I also like Miriam Mekeba. I picked up her CD, Sangoma, at a local Barnes & Nobles store. They usually have a pretty decent World music section.

Horizons

Playlist Author
For those keeping track, there is now Entrance/Lobby V. I listened to a few tracks this evening, with several of the songs coming from Loop II, and a few that I didn't recognize. I have no idea when the loop was changed.

Songs included:

Se Te Djon Ye - Amadou & Mariam
Salsa Cora - Djeli Moussa / Diawara
Salle - Lokua Kanza
Sala Endongo - Samite
Mario - Franco
Sabu - Oumou Sangare
Reuss - Mapathe Diop

I'll be going back tomorrow...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I have no idea when the [Entrance and Lobby Area] loop was changed.

It still sounded like [post="24835"]Entrance and Lobby Area Music IV[/post] three weeks ago, although I did not scrutinize every song, so I cannot be absolutely certain. :unsure:

I've already grabbed a new recording of the [post="24835"]Entrance and Lobby Area[/post], and a new (live recording) for [post="24841"]Jiko[/post] as well.

I'll be posting my findings in the new "Playlists" section shortly. :)

Can't wait to see your Jiko list. My husband wanted that music and he has asked me about it several times. He loved eating there. We already have reservations for our trip in April.

Horizons

Playlist Author
For those keeping track, there is now Entrance/Lobby V. I listened to a few tracks this evening, with several of the songs coming from Loop II, and a few that I didn't recognize. I have no idea when the loop was changed.

Songs included:

Se Te Djon Ye - Amadou & Mariam
Salsa Cora - Djeli Moussa / Diawara
Salle - Lokua Kanza
Sala Endongo - Samite
Mario - Franco
Sabu - Oumou Sangare
Reuss - Mapathe Diop

I'll be going back tomorrow...

I finally had a chance to review my recording of the "new" Entrance/Lobby music at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and, come to find out, it's not new. It's Loop II in full, which was used a few years back. Nothing like recycling old loops. :D

Horizons

Playlist Author
Oh. You mean you haven't been over to Kidani Village yet? :rolleyes:

Of course I have. But those are NEW loops because they have these incredible insect/bird (and who knows what else) sounds mixed in.

And by incredible I mean incredibly annoying. :D

I checked out the Vacation Club area at AKL and the exterior loops sounds new, I dont have any loops from AKL except for a Induction of an older one! (which is the one u confirmed a while back as the 2002 or something, Jeff)!! I am gonna head back there on Sunday and investigate the area more, but from what it sounds, its cool as heck!!

Horizons

Playlist Author
I checked out the Vacation Club area at AKL and the exterior loops sounds new, I dont have any loops from AKL except for a Induction of an older one! (which is the one u confirmed a while back as the 2002 or something, Jeff)!! I am gonna head back there on Sunday and investigate the area more, but from what it sounds, its cool as heck!!

Jay has already confirmed the entrance music is the same as Arusha Rock and the Samawati Springs loop is the same as the Uzima Springs loop. However, on the three occasions I went, these loops were mixed with an insect/bird ambient track, which doesn't happen at Jambo House. Whether this is intentional is up for debate, as I was told by someone that the insect/bird track is supposed to play in isolation from 11pm - 7am.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I was told by someone that the insect/bird track is supposed to play in isolation from 11pm - 7am.

And that makes perfect sense, too, doesn't it? :rolleyes: The sound of early morning birds quickly changing to nighttime chirping insects, over and over again, all night long. :confused:

Horizons

Playlist Author
And that makes perfect sense, too, doesn't it? :rolleyes: The sound of early morning birds quickly changing to nighttime chirping insects, over and over again, all night long. :confused:

As I said, you know you want this loop! :)

I need to go check out the Wilderness Lodge loop. They also play a nature loop after hours. I don't recall it being as extreme as the Kidani Village though.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Here is an update on the tracks that still need to be identified for the various Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area loops:
  • [post="24835"]Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area Music I[/post]
    29 tracks - all are known
  • [post="24835"]Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area Music II[/post]
    21 tracks - unknown down from 5 to 3 - with the latest track being identified just today!
  • [post="24835"]Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area Music III[/post]
    15 tracks - unknown remains at 2
  • [post="24835"]Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area Music IV[/post]
    19 tracks - unknown down from 3 to 2
  • [post="24835"]Animal Kingdom Lodge Entrance and Lobby Area Music V[/post]
    21 tracks - this, the current loop, is identical to Area Music II
Only 7 of 84 tracks remain to be identified!

Can't wait to see your lists, Jay. I have been working on getting some of the CD's used in these loops. I love this music. It is something that I seldom listened to until I started collecting Disney music a few years ago, but I am now in love with the African music used at AKL and AK. Great stuff. My collection is getting bigger and my wallet a little smaller.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Horizons said:
I highly recommend trying out any (and all) of her four CDs.
Oumou Sangaré fans will want to pick up Seya, her first new album in six years, on June 9. :love:

51xgdX1cZ%2BL._SL500_AA65_.jpg
Seya
Oumou Sangaré
 CD   iTunes   MP3 

Oumou Sangaré fans will want to pick up Seya, her first new album in six years, on June 9. :wub:

She is great. I have two of her CD's and I will look for this new one coming out as well. Glad to see a picture of what I am looking for though. Thanks Jay! ;)

kambria

Is there any way to get (even a partial) track listing? The forum lists are, of course, not there, and the list Disney provided us is definitely not what we heard.

Thanks!

Horizons

Playlist Author
Is there any way to get (even a partial) track listing? The forum lists are, of course, not there, and the list Disney provided us is definitely not what we heard.

Thanks to Jay, about 98% of the playlists for all four* of the main entrance loops have been made, not to mention playlists for other parts of the resort (e.g., Arusha Rock, etc...). I suspect once he is finally able to convert the software to the new version, his playlists will be posted once again, at least that's what he indicated the plan was.

The list provided by Disney was, at one point, an accurate description of what music was played. When did you hear the music you are referring to?

* While there have been five loops used, the 5th, and most current, is the same as version 2.

Emcduck

Playlist Author
OK so now that one individual ruined it for the average person, is there some way that a guy could get access to the list? It doesn't seem right to let SOME people ruin it for everyone.