AK Main Entrance Area Music - Track Id'ing Help Needed

TTiiMM

Only one track is still needing to be identified.

The unidentified track can be downloaded here:
http://www.permedium.com/DAK/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I believe it is sung in French. Can anyone tell me what the lyrics are? Then we can Google for the lyrics to ID the track.

Thanks.

-Tim

Disney?s Animal Kingdom ? Main Entrance
Area Music Loop

01. ?Theatre in the Wild? by Russell Brower

02. ?Kakokolo? by Samite of Uganda (from the CD, ?Dance My Children, Dance?, Shanachie 65003, 1998)

03. ?Damaa? by Steve Shehan & Baly Othmani (from the CD, ?Assarouf?, Polygram 534757,1997)

04. ?Yolele? by Papa Wemba (from the CD, ?Emotion?, Real World 62351, 1995)

05. ?Ivory Coast? by Ron Fish

06. ?Pahari (The Mountain People)? by Jai Uttal (from the CD, ?Footprints?, Triloka 183, 1990)

07. ?Tree of Life Theme? by WDI (available via Walt Disney World Forever)

08. ?Tar? by Steve Shehan & Baly Othmani (from the CD, ?Assarouf?, Polygram 534757,1997)

09. ?Aziz Aziz? by Outback (from the CD, ?Dance the Devil Away?, Hannibal HNCD-1369, 1991)

10. ?Ani Munange? by Samite of Uganda (from the CD, ?Dance My Children, Dance?, Shanachie 65003, 1998)

11. ?Footprints? by Jai Uttal (from the CD, ?Footprints?, Triloka 183, 1990)

12. ?Tsy Kivy (Don?t Be Discouraged)? by Tarika (from the CD, ?Son Egal?, Xenophile 4042, 1990)

13. ?Sunlight and Shadows? by WDI (available via Walt Disney World Forever)

14. Unidentified Track

15. ?Nhamo? by Balafon Marimba Ensemble (from the CD, ?Balafon Marimba Ensemble?, Shanachie 67002, 1990)

16. ?Ikodi? by Tour? Kunda (from the CD, ?Mouslai?, Atlantic 92765, 1997)

Notes:

Track 6
The Animal Kingdom Main Entrance loop uses a 1:00 excerpt which begins at :40 in the original recording.

Track 7
Also found on the CD, ?Music From Disney's Animal Kingdom Park? (Walt Disney Records, 1998) with the title ?Tree of Life Three?. Composed by Tish Eastman.

Track 15
The Animal Kingdom Main Entrance loop uses a 2:28 edited version of the original 4:19 track.

Tracks 1, 5
Not commercially available.

Tracks 3, 8
Both tracks are edited.

_Indiana_

Even though it's been sometime since this was originally posted, I wanted to say thanks. I've been trying to find some of these tracks for a long time and was pleasantly surprised to come across this list.

I have a few questions about it, TTiiMM, if you're stilll around.

1. Is there any way I can hear the unidentified track? I tried clicking the link, but it appears to be gone now.

2. Do you have "Theatre in the Wild" and "Ivory Coast"? If so, is there any way I can get them? It'd be greatly appreciated.

3. Do you know if tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, and 16 are played elsewhere in the park (not just in the main entrance area)? I believe I've heard a couple of them in the Africa section. If you know where each one is played, that would be very helpful.

My next questions aren't directly related to this specific loop, but I'm hoping you might be able to help.

4. Do you have the full list of songs in the Discovery Island loop? I have the nine listed on the DisneyMusicLoops.com Web site, but I believe there are more.

5. Do you have a partial or full list of songs played in the Africa area loop?

6. Do you have a partial or full list of songs played in the Asia area loop? If Expedition Everest or Kali River Rapids have separate loops, do you know any of those songs?

7. Do you have any Flights of Wonder music? (Specifically, the song that plays before the show starts.)

8. Do you have a partial or full list of songs played in the Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama area loop? The only one I can remember is "Under the Boardwalk."

9. Do you have a partial or full list of songs played in the DINOSAUR outside area loop?

Thanks for any help or information you can provide.

kirky99

All good questions...

The only one I think I can help with is #9, the Dinosaur BGM. It appears to be, track for track, the Dinosaur movie soundtrack.

BLM07

Too bad they changed the Dinosaur music, it was original and interesting when Countdown was open.

_Indiana_

I should have been clearer on the DINOSAUR area loop. The loop I am especially interested in is the one that played when it was named Countdown to Extinction.

kirky99

Oh, in that case, I'm out... While I remember riding it many times as CTX, I don't remember the BGM loop at all, or even if there was one.

TTiiMM

I was able to identify track #14 with the help of an individual from a.b.s.mp3.world-music. The song is an excerpt from the rather long track "Noblesse Oblige" by Koffi Olomid?.

"Theater In the Wild" is not available in any form commercially. That info came directly from the composer. "Ivory Coast", which is the track name supplied to me via a connection at WDW, is available on a CD "African Splendor" with the title of "Ivory Road". However, the "Ivory Road" track is overlaid with bird sounds that are not present in the AK Entrance loop.

Hope that helps!

-Tim

Dang, TTiiMM- you seem to be the DAK music guru! Here's one for you. I asked about this back Feb I think, but never got an answer.

This track is played throughout the park, but I heard it most in the shopping areas and the BBQ restaurant. The song starts off with Enya-style vocals and then moves into instrumentation. I've been told it's on the CD, but in the track samples I've heard I can't seem to find it on there. Any ideas? Can anybody either point me to a tracklist with samples or tell me the title of that song and whether or not it's on the CD?

TTiiMM

I hate seeing a thread digress from its original topic... especially one started by me! ;) But if you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

There are no vocals on the "Music From Disney's Animal Kingdom" CD, so I'm assuming that the track must be from the Discovery Island (aka Flame Tree BBQ) area music loop. Unfortunately at this time, I do not have a complete recording of this loop. But judging by your description of the track I'm guessing it might be "Astrae" by Vas. But that is just a guess.

-Tim

BLM07

There are no vocals on the "Music From Disney's Animal Kingdom" CD, so I'm assuming that the track must be from the Discovery Island (aka Flame Tree BBQ) area music loop.
-Tim

Don't forget that timeless Diggin' in Dinoland track, although, the vocals there aren't exactly soothing, and I'm sure nobody has trouble finding that song.

BLM07

In case anyone couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. :p

Holy cow, TTiiMM- you nailed it!! I just went to Amazon.com and listened to the sample of that track and, sure enough, that's it. Now I just have to wait until I get home to see if it's on iTunes.

_Indiana_

TTiiMM,

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate it.

Do you, by chance, know the list of tracks that play in the Africa section?

TTiiMM

JungleBumCT: Glad to help. Honestly, it was just a lucky guess.

_Indiana_: I don't have a track listing for Africa - or a recording of the area music for that matter. If anyone has a complete (or nearly complete) recording of the Africa area music I would be happy to see if I can identify the tracks.

-Tim