AK Discovery Island & Pocahontas Exit Music

David S.

AK Discovery Island Tracks & Pocahontas exit music

I'm not sure if this has come up before, but I had been wondering for a long time about the origin of one of my favorite AK tracks, from the Discovery Island loop. While surfing the disneymusicloops site, I found a link to the album on Amazon.

The track I am thinking of is from the Footprints album by Jai Uttal, and called Pahari. Amazon seems to be only offering it through resellers, but I found the artist's website itself, which linked to a company which is still selling it, with the ability to listen to entire tracks on preview mode!

So here is a link if anyone is interested. Listening to this brought back sublime memories of sitting in the dining area of Flame Tree Barbecue at night while seeing the moonlight and Everest reflected in the water...

http://www.ufomusic.com/product.php?id=140

(Tracks 6 and 9 are the ones I remember from the loop, with 6 being my favorite)

I guess a lot of the diehard traders already know all of this, but I just thought I would post this if anyone was interested in knowing where the Uttal album can be purchased new, or just wanted to hear the complete versions of the songs.

Also, on a recent viewing of the Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends show I asked the soundman what the exit music was, since I had always liked it. It is track 7 on the following album:

Sacred Spirit: Chants and Dances of the Native Americans

Horizons

Playlist Author
Re: AK Discovery Island Tracks & Pocahontas exit music

The Discovery Island Area BGM (aka "Flame Tree BBQ BGM") is one of my favorite loops as well. I have only identified half of the tracks in the loop, which runs 54:02. You are correct, tracks 6 and 9 on the artists website ("Pahari" and "Raghupati II") are included in the loop.

Maybe I should work with Pigs on the Wing on identifying tracks names for the various AKL loops. He seems very good at identifying tracks.

Thanks for identifying the exit music for Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends. The rehearsal CD for the show has the exit music included, which has always been one of my favorite tracks, and is the reason why I wanted to obtain the CD in the first place. I thought it was scored by/for Disney, but the 30 second link you provided sure does sound like the same version, although I cannot be certain. The track on the rehearsal CD is 4:01 (cutting out the finale portion of the show). What is also interesting to me is your reference to a "recent viewing" where you heard the song. The last four times I have seen the show, there was no exit music at all. I'm glad it's back.

Additional information [post="9999"]here[/post] from earlier, hope it helps out.

David S.

Maybe I should work with Pigs on the Wing on identifying tracks names for the various AKL loops.? He seems very good at identifying tracks.?
Thanks, I am a big fan of the AK music as well. I am glad to see some of this stuff is available on CD. I really enjoy the Asia loops as well, which had no song titles listed as of yet on the disneymusicloops site - so I'd be curious to learn more about it.

I've also wondered about the music that plays on the "Habitat Habit" trail, which sounds similar to the music at the beginning of "Living With the Land"

Thanks for identifying the exit music for Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends.? The rehearsal CD for the show has the exit music included, which has always been one of my favorite tracks, and is the reason why I wanted to obtain the CD in the first place.? I thought it was scored by/for Disney, but the 30 second link you provided sure does sound like the same version, although I cannot be certain.?
Oh, it's DEFINATELY the track. The soundman pulled out the CD artwork and showed it to me!?:angry: (That's how I knew where to look on Amazon). Unless you mean Disney may have recorded their own version based on this track, and he just had a copy of the CD artwork to show people who asked because it was the closest available version - but he gave me the impression this was the actual recording.

As far as "recent" - come to think of it, him telling me the name of the song was not the most recent time I had seen the show. That may have been several months ago. I saw it a few times after that and didn't always hear the music.

However, I am positive that the last time I saw the show before returning to New Orleans for the summer (sometime in early April) they did use the exit music. I can clearly remember thinking "oh good, I guess they didn't get rid of this track" Of course, if you are a frequent visitor, that might not be considered "recent." :)

I got the impression sometimes they use it and sometimes not.

I've also occasionally heard it used at the 12:55 PM "Animal Training Session", but not as often as following the main show itself.

Horizons

Playlist Author

Thanks, I am a big fan of the AK music as well. I am glad to see some of this stuff is available on CD.
The vast majority of the area music in the AK (and DHS) is commercially available.? The problem is identifying the artist and track information.

The link to the exit music track did sound like the same version that is included on the rehearsal CD.? The only difference is that the show finale transitions into the exit music.?

I have found the sound professionals to be helpful identifying certain songs used before or after a show (e.g., Flights of Wonder).? The Festival of the Lion King has a great pre-show loop, but I haven't been able to find out any information as to its source.? Based on the songs in the loop, I suspect these tracks are not commercially available.

David S.

I LOVE Flights Of Wonder! Quite possibly my fave live show in the park, as those birds are AMAZING! (Especially Groucho and his repetoire of songs).

I enjoy the music and would be interested in learning about the music used.

However, I still have been unable to find the "Marsupial Madness" movie referenced in the show anywhere in the park, and have been unable to locate it on the park map. Guano Joe's instructions were a little vague. :)

_Indiana_

I'd really like to have all the tracks used in Flights of Wonder identified.

I asked the guy in the sound booth about the Flights of Wonder music. He said it was from Re-Orient by Baluji Shrivastav. I've listened to short clips from every track on that album, but none of them sound familiar to me.

However, there is one track on another album (Indian World Music Fusion) by the same guy that I definitely know is used in the show, minus the vocals. The name of the track, appropriately enough, is Bird Dancer, and it's used at the very beginning of the show.

There is a loop of a few tracks that play before and after the show. Those are the ones I'm most interested in identifying.

Isn't it interesting that the albums the AK loops are pulled from are all about a decade old? I mean, they're good songs and all, but do we have to wait until 2018 to hear some of the great stuff by these artists released this year?

Horizons

Playlist Author

None of the AK loops have been changed (to my knowledge) since the park opened (a decade ago). I personally wouldn't want the loops to change, as I really enjoy hearing them in the park.

_Indiana_

None of the AK loops have been changed (to my knowledge) since the park opened (a decade ago).? I personally wouldn't want the loops to change, as I really enjoy hearing them in the park.
I feel the same way. The DAK loops are my favorites from any of the parks.

Horizons

Playlist Author

The Festival of the Lion King has a great pre-show loop, but I haven't been able to find out any information as to its source.? Based on the songs in the loop, I suspect these tracks are not commercially available.
I sent a partial recording of the Festival of the Lion King pre-show BGM to Wedroy1923 who pulled out the name of the CD that I believe the pre-show music comes from.? It's called Heigh Ho Banjo, Bluegrass Salutes Favorite Disney Songs. Not sure how he knew that, but I am going to go to the AK on Monday and see if I can get a copy of the complete loop, or at least ask the sound guy if he can confirm this.? The pre-show loop does have ambient bird/animal noises mixed in, however.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author

...or at least ask the sound guy if he can confirm this.
Let's just slip him $20 for a copy of the actual file(s) used, wander over to the Dawa Bar in Harambe, have a couple of drinks, and then call it a day.

Horizons

Playlist Author

Let's just slip him $20 for a copy of the actual file(s) used, wander over to the Dawa Bar in Harambe, have a couple of drinks, and then call it a day.
I wish this was a plan that would actually work.? I really want the bird/animal ambient sounds that are mixed in.

almandot

i swear that all i heard in animal kingdom was the winnie the pooh music =P it's still debatable in my memory if they performed the tigger song in FotLK or not

Horizons

Playlist Author

I only had 15 minutes of the loop recorded, so I don't know all of the tracks that are included.

Horizons

Playlist Author

The playlist from my 18 minute recording is as follows:

01 - Oo-De-Lally
02 - Bare Necessities
03 - Little April Shower
04 - Little April Shower (Repeat - Looks like 03 is the end song in the loop and 04 is the start of the loop)
05 - Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
06 - Cruella De Vil
07 - You Ain't Never Had A Friend Like Me
08 - Heigh-Ho

I'll coordinate with POTW and see if we can bribe the tech guy to give us a copy of the loop (with sound effects), go have drinks at the Dawa Bar, and then call it a day.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I'd really like to have all the tracks used in Flights of Wonder identified.

I asked the guy in the sound booth about the Flights of Wonder music. He said it was from Re-Orient by Baluji Shrivastav. I've listened to short clips from every track on that album, but none of them sound familiar to me.

However, there is one track on another album (Indian World Music Fusion) by the same guy that I definitely know is used in the show, minus the vocals. The name of the track, appropriately enough, is Bird Dancer, and it's used at the very beginning of the show.

There is a loop of a few tracks that play before and after the show. Those are the ones I'm most interested in identifying.
I think I am going to start this project soon. On a visit this morning, the exit music (at least one of the songs) was Shashkin by Omar Faruk Tekbilek.