Adieu to Quasimodo at Disney-MGM

In case news has filtered out yet, thought I'd let everyone know that Disney-MGM will close the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" show next month. :'(

It has always been my favorite show there, so I am a bit disappointed. I love the music from "Hunchback," and that was 1 of the few spots to hear it and see the that movie's characters at WDW.

No word yet on what might replace it, although the "Beauty and the Beast" show will return to performing 7 days a week after "Hunchback" closes.

I think for a time, selections from the show were available on the late, lamented Disney World Forever system but I never heard them there.

Dirk

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

as much as I love to return to a Disney park and see a great new show I'm sorry for the Hunchback to close... it was really an outstanding show which I could see again and again.
After the Hunchback musical closed in Germany this was the last regular live performance left.

But what makes me really wonder is the odd timing of the closure. Closing the show roughly a month before the christmas rush starts I wonder: have they already prepared a follow-up and we just missed this information? I hope so as it would be a real pitty if the stage would sit empty especially as it would have a negative effect on a whole part of the park and the shops located there as this area when I was there was basically deserted except for the time before and after a performance.

Does anybody know anything about the proposed TV-version of the Hunchback musical?? Because normally I would have expected Disney would want to have the show around when the TV-musical aired...

Yours
Dirk

SharonKurland

I read on Deb Wills' site that there are currently no plans to put anything in the space where HBOND will have been. The theater, for now, will remain dark.

My plans for next Saturday (9/28...HBOND's last day) is to see the show all day long...it's been a longtime favorite of mine and I'm very sad to see it go.

-Sharon-

Hunchback of Notre Dame: A Musical Adventure has been our family's favorite MGM attraction and one of our favorite WDW attractions.

We are very sad to see it go! :'(

Hi Sharon!

SharonKurland

Yeah, I hate that it's going too. Even my MOM is upset. Not that she's going, because she let her AP expire without renewing...but she's upset .

Hey Mike, guess what my husband and I got? A house just 9 miles from WDW! Our closing date is Halloween!

-Sharon-

What?! Next year you'll be living in Walt's apartment in Cinderella's castle?! ::)

Or maybe above the fire station next to City Hall?! ;D

SharonKurland

Nah...Hunter's Creek is close enough. As for your changing leaves...we were in NJ last weekend and were able to see a few yellow leaves and a couple of orange ones. When we get the house, I'll do like Disney and plant flowers the colors of the season...yellow and pink in the spring and summer, orange and red in the fall and white in the winter.

-Sharon-