Ability to count posts on old board

trentino

In honor of Sharon's 1000th post, she has now been added to a special group I've created: "Maestro". The Boom designation still applies, so she can now be referred to as Maestro Boom. I've also designated Randy as a Maestro.

According to Microsoft Word, synonyms for maestro are: genious, expert, rare talent, whiz... so uhm, don't let it go to your head Sharon. ;D

I'd also like to announce that I found a way to add the number of posts you made on the old forum software to your current post count. I thought about announcing this before but didn't want to overshadow Sharon's 1000th post on the "new" forum software.

So here's how it will work... If you're interested in having your post count reflect posts you made in the old forum, click the link in the "News" section at the top of each page. Do a search for your posting name and make sure the date range is set back to 1997 (or whenever you started posting here). Once you have the number, please post it as a reply to this thread and I'll update your post count.

I'm trusting everyone to report an accurate number! Who will be the first to join Sharon as a Maestro?

SharonKurland

Trent-

You ROCK!!!

I bet that Bill will hit message #1000 next. He has been a big #2 for a long time. There's a joke in there somewhere.

So this makes me a Whizboom?

-Maestro Sharon-
(though, in the Disney Music world, NEVER on par with Randy)

sds910

Trent:

Nice plan... if you feel like it, you can add my 44 old posts (one as sds910 and the rest under my full name) but... while you're at it... within the last week or so while I was researching the old posts in an attempt to assist a correspondent of mine, I had the distinct feeling that the old software has either a) lost a bunch of posts or b) the index has become corrupt. Could you maybe give it the once-over twice when you get a chance and see if its marbles are all still in the bag? (It might could just be me, but I could swear there were some things that ought to have been there that weren't).

Steve

sds910

Hey, tack on two more for me, posted as "SDS" -- can't remember why THAT happened, but there they are ;)

S.

Dirk

... don't know wether we should really do this ... I think it is up to you Trent if you want to add them ... if you do want to, I made a search and learned I made (according to a search for posts posted by "Dirk") a meager 192 posts from late 1997 to early 2002, by far less than since the new Board software is used.

Sharon: where are you know standing with these posts added on top of your more than 1,000 on the new board?

trentino

Ok gang ... I've updated post counts for sds910, X-S Tech & Dirk.

Steve, I'll try to recreate the index on the archives tonight -- hopefully that will fix any potential issues up.

T

SharonKurland

Dirk-

I have no idea. I checked various "case sensitive" versions of my name and the system is STILL only coming up with something like 18 messages for me during that 4-year period. Since I think I came on board circa 1998 or 1999, and since I've been a, shall we say, online motormouth from Day One (July 1984, when I bought an Apple IIe for myself as a high school graduation gift), I KNOW that's not right. So I'll just leave things as they are, unless it looks like someone might take my "throne" if all of his/her messages are added together .

And there's something to be said about "scatism" .

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

I'm embarrassed to say that I had to use Google to figure it all out. I'm sorry....I do CDs, not movies . In fact, I think I' the only person in the world who didn't like The Incredibles. But I'll still buy the CD .

Say it ain't so, Bill!

-Sharon-

SharonKurland

OK, then use that. Doesn't really matter a whole lot.

1313-

Not sure if your "this message number is stupid" message was serious or not. I didn't take it that way, which is why the tone of my responding message is the way it is. Just saying that because I have a paranoid flavor in me and I woulnd't want to hurt anyone unintentionally (now, hurting someone INTENTIONALLY is a whole other ballgame...I'm GOOD at THAT...cuz I also have a mild sociopathic flavor inside ).

FWIW, let me say on the record that I know it really doesn't matter a hill of beans how many messages I, or anyone else has. My competitive spirit (competitive, sociopathic...wow, I should be a Republican!) had admittedly kicked in a little when I saw that I was nearing 1000 messages, but I also know darn well that at least 50% of my messages are useless, wise@$$ drivel that I've only written to make my friends here laugh. If given a choice of quality over quantity, I would change over in a heartbeat.

And Bill, I honestly DO hope that you're not serious about leaving. You're one of the quality posters in this board, with a plethora of good, well-rounded information, excellent writing skills and as wicked of a sense of humor as mine. I'll miss you terribly if you leave. Seriously.

-Sharon-

trentino

Oh yeah... I also added Randy's posts from the old board to his "score". This brings him up to where he should be -- the Maestro Boom status.

And I think the new Mary Poppins soundtrack release proves that Maestro Boom (whatever that means) is nonetheless well deserved.

Trent