AA OWL from WESTERN RIVER RIDE prevue

The small owl at WDW's "Western River Expedition" preview display........did he have a name??? He say's he's the star of the New Western River Expedition being planed right here in Frontierland after asking guests "Whooooo there are" ......but he nver says his name.........was this printed in the sesgin book he flips for guests showing how he was made?? He looks like the same owl figure in the "home on the range" scene from America Sings.same hat and bandanna......can info out there??

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

Howdy!

I don't have an answer for you here, but I can direct you to a thread on the LaughingPlace.com discussion boards about it.

Well, I can't direct you straight to it, because I don't know how to paste a link here. Or post a link. Or whatever you do to put the link here. I'm not really a computer guy.

Anyhow, over on that site, there was a discussion all about the history of that owl. I'm sure you can ask around about it and someone can help you with that. When you find it, you will be surprised. You will learn more about that owl than you even wanted to!

Happy owl hunting.

Jeff in NY

X-S Tech

I was always under the impression that the owl in the Preshow for DL's Mr Lincoln was the owl from the WRE/WDW Preview Center. Someone quoted me dates and the closing or removal of the owl from WDW pretty much lined up with the opening of The Walt Disney Story at DL. Are you sure it was the America Sings Owl?

Both Walt Disney Story attractions opened in 1973. The WRE exhibit and the Lilly Belle exhibits were on display untill the EPCOT Preview model had them temporaily covered up. The Lilly Belle and been removed.........the WRE display remain behind the wall untill 1998..........WDI had just started cataloging and documenting the 1" figures from the WRE display.......this was done under Pam Young's direction from Art Collections at WDI. The owl was left in Floirida. These were also the only known surviving WRE model figures.......Years ago a small animation shop in Santa Monica , CA had some for sale from the estate of a former imagineer.......I think Bruce Bushman...........but I dunno if he ever worked on WRE. Anyway, Pam was really really suprised that the building housing the entire Walt Disney Story never caught fire...........since all those years the case lights and model lights were still on every time the attractions show lights came on................13 of the mini WRE lights remained buring from the day the displays were covered up!!!.

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER

Gurgitoy2

I thought his name was "Hoot Gibson (or Gipson)". I forget where I heard that...maybe one of Jim Hill's articles from way back.

yeah.....he even says his name.....I just didn't know that's what he was saying.....LOL!!...now, I gotta know, was he a AA owl "Walt Disney Story" or a "America Sings western owl" LOL!

DL FLIGHT 295
aka
DC-88 SPACELINER