A Disney-Inspired Westerns Loop

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
A Disney-inspired queue loop

Inspired by recent queue loops and area music loops which prominently feature film and television music (i.e., Soarin' attractions, Condor Flats area music, etc.), I have put together a "queue loop" of my own, consisting of music from Western-themed films and mini-series.

I've uploaded a 192kbps mp3 (81MB) of it for those who are interested in having a listen.

[Link to commercially available music removed by author at the request of Admin]

The playlist (with timings) can be downloaded HERE.

My goal was to strike a balance between instantly-recognizable themes and cues from lesser-known films and scores. Hopefully, I achieved that goal.

I didn't compile the loop with a particular attraction in mind, but obviously it would fit comfortably as Frontierland area music or as queue music for a yet-to-be-determined Western-themed attraction (I wouldn't dare touch the queue loop for Big Thunder Mountain!). :)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

WishesFan

Re:A Disney-inspired queue loop

AMAZING JOB!!! I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us. I just burned it and added it to my car mix!

Great work!
-Rick

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

You know I'm a big fan of this one, Doug... fantastic job!!

:)
Thanks, Jim! I made sure to include plenty of Broughton for ya, along with the alternate cue from THE COWBOYS. :)

AMAZING JOB!!! I LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us. I just burned it and added it to my car mix!

Great work!
Thanks a bunch! It was a true labor of love, and my first real use of Adobe Audition's "multi-track" editing for compiling a loop of this sort. It worked like a charm and proved to be much easier than Sound Forge's stereo editing when it came to creating/modifiying fades between tracks and sliding the tracks slightly in time (simple click and drag). Overall, I still prefer Sound Forge for editing individual files but that's probably due more to my familiarity with it than anything else.

On to my next project...

nelsonj3

Excellent work. I have a music degree, and I was just thinking during my recent trip to WDW that it would be fun to be one of the Imagineers that picks and edits area music for attractions and parks.

I guess I can dream, can't I?

Thank you for sharing this!

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

Excellent work.
Thanks so much!

I have a music degree, and I was just thinking during my recent trip to WDW that it would be fun to be one of the Imagineers that picks and edits area music for attractions and parks.

I guess I can dream, can't I?
That WOULD be a dream job! I'd love to learn more about the Imagineer(s) behind the loops for the Soarin' attractions, Condor Flats, and the various MGM loops. An interview with them, in the least. I'm curious to know how they go about picking the various selections included in these loops, aside from those which are obviously chosen based on the "theme" of the loop.

Thank you for sharing this!
You bet!

Excellent work ... indeed!

This western themed loop fits my "new" :) commute to and from work perfect. I pass quite a few farms and horse ranches so this piece fits like a glove... thanks for your time and thought into this project.

(My best Mr. Burns impersonation) ... "Exxxxxcellent".

-Chuck

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

Excellent work ... indeed!
Thanks!

This western themed loop fits my "new" :) commute to and from work perfect. I pass quite a few farms and horse ranches so this piece fits like a glove...
It works pretty well on non-rush hour I-95 in the DC area as well, but obviously not for the rural surroundings.

thanks for your time and thought into this project.
Possibly others to follow... :)

mmmfan

I loved this! Hope you will do another loop.How about a Sci Fi/Fantasy loop. :)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author

I loved this!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Hope you will do another loop.How about a Sci Fi/Fantasy loop. :)
SciFi/Fantasy is definitely on the short list of loops to work on, but it probably won't be the next one I tackle. I have something else in mind, a genre I can't refuse. ;)

matheus92

[This post and all that follow have been merged with the original topic so as to avoid any additional confusion about the origin/intent of the "Westerns Loop" ? Admin]

Hello. I would like to know where this following loop can be heard:

How the West Was Won
Silverado

The Magnificent Seven
Lonesome Dove
Hang 'Em High
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Quick and the Dead
City Slickers
Back to the Future Part III
The Furies (Suite)
Dances With Wolves (The John Dunbar Theme)
C'era una volta il West (Once Upon a Time in the West
The Big Country

I haven't recognized the other tracks. This loop is well-known as "Westerns Loop". Its duration is 59 minutes and 35 seconds.I thought it was a Frontierland loop but I am not sure any more. It has been created after 1995 because we can hear The Quick and the Dead (Sam Raimi's movie).

matheus92

If you want to listen to this loop, you can download it here :

[Link to commercially available music removed by Admin]

Do you recognize it?
Is it a Disney Park loop or is it a fake ?

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
I believe that was Disneyland's Frontierland BGM, or it was the old Wilderness Lodge BGM. I'm pretty sure it was the former.

SeaCastle

Playlist Author
This loop has never been used in any of the parks or resorts.
Thanks for the clarification.

On a hunch, I checked for that specific file and I can confirm it was a mix of Western movie themes made by our own thx99.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Shows how important it is to correctly tag things like this in case they ever escape.
Just think how much "home-made" stuff is out there and how often (myself included) people have to ask where it was from to be told "nowhere, it's bogus". :)