Kellie Coffey

I'm a big fan of Kellie Coffey, who sings the "Promise" song that plays after Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. I've got both her country albums (which I review here, if anybody's interested). Does anybody know whether she did any other work for Disney productions aside from "Promise"?

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
If you look here on her website, it says:

[8/23/2007 10:51:00 PM]

We've got some cool news regarding Disneyland that they don't even know that involves Kellie....stay tuned.
I don't know what they're actually referring to there, but Kellie is featured in the Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks show at Disneyland.

Opening Narration *
Can You Remember - Kellie Coffey
Mickey Mouse Club March (Fanfare)
March of the Wooden Soldiers
Toyland, Toyland
The Dreidle Song
All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth
I'll Be Home for Christmas
O Holy Night
We Three Kings
Joy to the World
Silent Night
Carol of the Bells
Russian Dance (Nutcracker Suite)
Arabian Dance (Nutcracker Suite)
The Christmas Song
Can You Remember - Kellie Coffey + Chorus
Closing Narration *
White Christmas - Kellie Coffey

* Some believe Kellie may be the voice of the new narrator (the original narrator was an older woman) who took over during the 2007 holiday season.

Does anyone have source audio for the 2007+ version of the show?

mmmfan

She was featured in"luminaria".This was a show at DCA which didn't last very long.They adapted the music and lyics from this show for the "wintertime enchantment" show at Disneyland.This precedes the fireworks.
I love "Promise",but I like "We Go On" even more.She did a great job on that.

Dang, I've got to hear this "We Go On!" I've got a crappy recording of "Promise" that I made with a cheap digital voice recorder in '04. That one almost brings me to tears every time I listen to it. For some reason "We Go On" doesn't ring a bell. Is it played during the course of the show or afterward?

1FoolishMortal

Kellie may be the voice of the new narrator (the original narrator was an older woman) who took over during the 2007 holiday season.
I don't think that's Kellie. It sounds more like the lady they used for the second version of the narration for Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky. If my memory is correct, she's also the current voice of the Blue Fairy.

She was featured in"luminaria".This was a show at DCA which didn't last very long.They adapted the music and lyics from this show for the "wintertime enchantment" show at Disneyland.This precedes the fireworks.
I love "Promise",but I like "We Go On" even more.She did a great job on that.
Kellie Coffey wasn't the original singer for Luminaria. Miriam Stockley was the original one, per her discography here: Miriam Stockley Discography. They then adapted the main theme song "Shine" for DL's "Wintertime Enchantment" show, and had Kellie sing the new version.

There was also a CD put out by WDW a few years back called "Magic in the Streets: Parade Memories" that featured a 5-part "Suite of Dreams" that highlighted the 4 parks, plus the "Share a Dream Come True" theme song. Part 1 of the suite, "Fantasy," features Kellie Coffey on vocals. Portions of this track may sound familiar to avid DL fans since it was used as the theme for "Imagine," a short-lived fireworks show back in 2004.

Hope you enjoyed that little bit of Kellie history. :wacko:

almandot

The Blue Fairy/Wishes/Luminaria lady was the first voice for Imagine...Fantasy in the Sky. She lasted like a couple weeks and I was clutching my head groaning the entire time. =P Then the other lady replaced her for the rest of that run.. Was surprised to hear her again in Wintertime Enchantment and then as the new narrator for Believe in Holiday Magic.. I guess they like her or it was a nod to her narrating Luminaria which the Wintertime Enchantment portions use the theme from but...not a fan of her as a narrator =P

1FoolishMortal

^ The "Suite of Dreams" tracks were originally never used for anything. They were simply created as standalone musical pieces, much like the Suite that exists for TDS. The first time, to my knowledge, that they were actually used for a show was when DL borrowed the "Fantasy" one for its "Imagine" fireworks show.