1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Playlist Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by SeaCastle, Dec 28, 2009.

1. SeaCastle

SeaCastle Premium Member Playlist Author

debvee60 likes this.
  2. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I've got a 2-hour Christmas loop from this same location. I bet it's you're kind of music.

3. SeaCastle

The Yacht and Beach Club loop is nice and relaxing to listen to, but I don't know if I'd be listening to the music in it if it wasn't for the fact it played at a Disney resort. I was looking through song samples for Windham Hill (including the Windham Hill Samplers) and the ones that aren't guitar/elevator music freak me out just a bit. I trust the Christmas loop can't be that bad, though.

And for those that are following along, the tag for track 27 is incorrect.

4. SeaCastle

The Yacht and Beach Club share an exterior loop composed of mostly acoustic Windham Hill music. However, in the "Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions" shop at the Yacht Club, I heard "Blow the Man Down". Does anyone have information to share on this loop?

Thanks in advance!

5. SeaCastle

Hopefully some of you music aficionados can help me out here; attached is a sample of Track 03 12 of the Yacht & Beach Club BGM. Shazam has yet to turn up any results. The track length is around 4:09 if that helps...thanks in advance!

6. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I don't see an attachment.

I just spent three nights at the Beach Club. Same music is still playing, although I spent no time analyzing the various gift shop loops (too busy having fun).

7. SeaCastle

My mistake...here it is: Yacht and Beach Club - Track 03

It always struck me as weird that the resort is aiming for a much earlier time period but the music is Windham Hill acoustical guitar (and some other New Age music thrown in there). :wacko:

[Link removed as the sample is no longer needed. —Admin]

8. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Martha's Vineyard has a loop playing. Someone should grab it...

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

See if the CD Warm Front by Billy Joe Walker is a match for any of the unknown tracks.

10. SeaCastle

Just took a listen...six of the ten tracks from that CD play in the BGM. Thanks very much for the tip! :D How'd you figure that one out? o_O

We're now eleven tracks away from finishing it. Thanks to Jay and Horizons for their help.

11. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

A friendly manager at the Yacht Club. She spoke with Engineering and they rattled off 3cds they said were used to compile the loop. You had two of the three listed already.

I was asking for playlists for the two gift shop loops, but got this instead. :D

12. SeaCastle

Never hurts to ask! Did they mention other CD's used in the loop? I'm counting five different CD's spread over 32 tracks. Either way, that track was killing me for the longest time.

13. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Usually it leads to no information. I was very surprised this time around. I've probably made this same request a dozen times over the past few years.

No, they said the entire loop was sourced from three CDs.

14. SeaCastle

Interesting...sounds like the folks at the Yacht Club need to update their documents.

On the upside, I'm now the proud owner of Warm Front by Billy Joe Walker, Jr. It's amazing what a penny buys you on Amazon. :cool:

15. figitus

figitus New Member

SeaCastle- As I don't have a reference could you post a list with the new tracks? Thanks.

16. SeaCastle

Here's my updated list...12 more to go! Note, there may be an additional track that I accidentally lumped together with another one as one track.

[See completed playlist above. — Admin]

17. jmcalister

jmcalister Member

Does anyone happen to have any information on the Yacht and Beach Club's BGM music loop? To my knowledge, this is the loop that plays in the lobbies and on the walkways toward Crescent Lake. From my research, Cape May Cafe, Beach Club Marketplace and the Fairs and Fittings store at the Yacht Club all have separate loops.

Here's the most helpful link I've found in my research: [topic=4400]Yacht and Beach Club Area Music[/topic]. It contains a rough playlist of a good portion of the loop. Does anyone have any more information or recordings or anything? I appreciate any information that you have to offer. Thanks!

-JMcAlister

18. eyore

eyore DLRP explorer Premium Member Playlist Author

I think that's about the best there is at the moment.
    It would be nice to have someone complete it though
    At least we know there are only 3 CDs involved in the entire loop (for a change).

19. SeaCastle

There are more than three CDs used in the loop. I haven't worked on this loop in some time, but I'll take another crack at it soon.

20. jmcalister

jmcalister Member

Thanks for the info. I should be able to go over and do a reference recording soon. Any recommendations for a good spot from where to record? Also, I'll be leaving January 7th, hopefully they'll have the normal BGM back on by then.