1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

World Showcase Plaza Morning Loop

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Horizons, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Has anyone timed out or compiled a playlist for the music loop that is played in (and around) World Showcase Plaza in the morning? I believe the loop switches to the International Gateway loop at 11am. I've noticed this loop since at least early 2007.

And I can't believe Wedroy1923 didn't list this loop in his World Showcase blog. :eek: :p

2. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

Horizons: Is the loop you are referring to clearly World Showcase music or associated with Future World? Does World Showcase still open later than the rest of the park?

3. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

The loop only plays in the plaza area at the entrance to World Showcase but it clearly is not associated with Future World. The music comes from various Disney movies, but I know nothing else at this point.

World Showcase does open at 11am. However, you can go through Canada and part of the UK when the park opens, as guest can walk from the Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach Club resorts and enter EPCOT through the International Gateway. From what I recall, the UK and Canada loops play at park opening, so the loop I am referring to only plays in a limited area.

4. FoxxFur

FoxxFur Member

Does this music sound sort of "fantasy" or "royal" in nature?

5. SeaCastle

SeaCastle Premium Member Playlist Author

When I stayed at the BC in August, we took the International Gateway into Future World and I'm relatively sure that the International Gateway loop is playing there as well.

6. FoxxFur

FoxxFur Member

I'm fairly sure that what we're talking about here is a loop that plays before World Showcase opens of "royal procession" music. It plays in World Showcase Promenade, Mexico, and Norway, to greet people who are going to the Princess Breakfast at Norway. Canada, UK, and International Gateway, which are also open for flowthru, play their regular area loops. Funny how half of World Showcase is "open" while it's closed. =P

7. Magic Music

Magic Music Administrator Playlist Author

Sounds reasonable to me. I hereby nominate Horizons to go to the Princess Storybook Breakfast. In costume, of course. :rolleyes:

8. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I don't remember it sounding like royal procession music, although I remember thinking what I heard came from a few of the princess themed movies.

I'll skip the Storybook Breakfast.

9. FoxxFur

FoxxFur Member

OK, so maybe "procession" music was a little misleading... it's Princess junk. =P

10. almandot

almandot Member

You will not. You will go to the storybook breakfast dressed as Mulan and be amazing

11. angiehashemi

angiehashemi Member

I am sure most of you "guys" don't have a lot of interest in the Storybook breakfast. I will be in the parks alone in October, hopefully. My husband has a conference and will not be with me. I plan to do the Storybook Breakfast since he doens't want to do any princess stuff with me. At least until some of his friends with kids said that there were some "good looking" princesses there when they went. He still wouldn't go, so I am going by myself. I can check it out then, but some of you may get back there before then. If not, I will let you know what I find.