1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

World Showcase Plaza BGM

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by wedroy1923, Sep 18, 2008.

1. wedroy1923

wedroy1923 Moderator Premium Member Playlist Author

Hello:

Since I've already posted the France loop I'm trying to develop an accurate playlist for, I wanted to also post the information I've come up with for the World Showcase Plaza / International Gateway loop. All of this is in hopes that someone else will be able to contribute to IDing these tracks as well.

This is based on the induction recording in general circulation:

01. Unknown (Mexico)
    02. Unknown (China)
    03. Schubert's Serenade
    04. Carmela
    05. Tenting Tonight on the Old Campground
    06. Roku Dan
    07. La Vie en Rose
    08. Shall I Sue?
    09. Marie Claire
    10. Unknown (Mexico)
    11. Unknown (China)
    12. Unknown (Germany)
    13. I Tuoi Capelli Neri
    14. Molly Malone
    15. Unknown (Japan)
    16. L'Amour Toujours L'Amour
    17. Fairest Isle
    18. Un Canadien Errant
    19. Unknown (Mexico)
    20. Unknown (China)
    21. Two Hearts in Three-Quarter Time
    22. O Marinariello

For futher information on this loop, please check out this thread: http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.php?topic=1752.0

Does anyone know who recorded this loop? I may have missed it in my reading in the discussion board archives.

As always, any additional information, corrections, or help with this playlist is appreciated.

wedroy1923

2. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Re: World Showcase Plaza - BGM

Don't know for sure who recorded it, but epiphanynj would be my guess.

3. wedroy1923

I've been working on a World Showcase Plaza / International Gateway playlist for years now, and I still have a few unknowns, so I thought it was time to bring the list back up. Since the last time I posted a playlist, I have made some additions and corrections. (I've listed the country where there is an unknown.)

Can anybody fill in any unknowns?

01. Mexico
    02. China
    03. Two Hearts in Three-Quarter Time
    04. Tesoro Mio
    05. Tenting Tonight on the Old Campground
    06. Roku Dan
    07. La Vie en Rose
    08. Shall I Sue?
    09. Marie Claire
    10. Mexico
    11. China
    12. Brahms' Wiegenlied
    13. Musica Proibita
    14. Molly Malone
    15. Japan
    16. L'Amour Toujours L'Amour
    17. Fairest Isle
    18. Un Canadien Errant
    19. La Zandunga
    20. Xi Xiang Feng (A Joyful Reunion)
    21. Die Lorelei
    22. O Marinariello

4. Stratofarius

Stratofarius New Member

Wish I could go to Disney World and record these loops, so I could help you folks.

5. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Ah, the International Gateway Loop; Don Quixote and windmills, anyone? The good news is it's still in action as I spent a good 110 minutes last week listening. Unfortunately, I've nothing to add in terms of the playlist.

6. wedroy1923

Yeah, I would say my relationship with these World Showcase loops is similiar to Don Quixote and the windmills. On the one hand, I find them to be this piece of EPCOT Center history that deserve documentation. On the other hand, I'm not in Florida to record them myself and many of these loops are difficult to record, even if I could try. So I depend on the kindness of others - thanks, Horizons - and what live clips and information that can be found online to push the project forward.

I discovered while listening to live clips and watching youtube videos that what you might call the France Interior Area Loop plays in the theater of Impressions de France between shows. I've heard beautiful arrangements of C'est Magnifique, Under the Bridges of Paris, and Valentine, but there is just no good way to capture the whole thing. The United Kingdom used to have an Interior Loop - pieces of which are used in DLP's Toad Hall Restaurant - but it has since been retired. (I would assume, though, that "Fairest Isle" is from the UK Interior Loop.) Canada's old Interior Loop also seems to have gone the way of the doe-doe bird.

I'm still looking for an expert on modern Chinese orchestral and Chinese traditional music to help fill in remaining titles on the China Exterior Area Loop. Anyone? Anyone?