World Showcase BGM Listings from Disney - Part 2

Horizons

Playlist Author
We appreciate your interest in the music featured around the France pavilion at Epcot. The music is
listed alphabetically.

"April in Paris"
"Autumn Leaves"
"Beyond the Sea"
"Boom"
"C'est Magnifique"
"C'est Si Bon"
"Can-Can"
"Chanson d'Amour"
"Charlemagne"
"Comme ?i, Comme ?a"
"I Kiss Your Hand Madam"
"I Wish You Love"
"J'attendrai"
"L'amour Toujours L'amour"
"La Petite Americaine"
"La Vie en Rose"
"Love Paris"
"Madelon"
"Mademoiselle de Paris"
"Mam'selle"
"Mimi"
"Pigalle"
"Under Paris Skies"
"Under the Bridges of Paris"
"Valentina"
"What Now My Love"

Germany Pavilion Music

Biergarten Restaurant Area Music

Reel 1

"Clarinet Polka"
"Edelweiss"
"Gypsy Life"
"If the Rhine Water Were Golden Wine"
"Mack the Knife"
"Minuet in G"
"Must I Bid Farewell"
"O Du Lieber Augustin"
"Shubert's Serenade"
"Two Hearts in Three-Quarter Time"
"Ziguener"

Reel 2

"Auf Wiederseh'n"
"Bavarian Laendler"
"Beer Waltz"
"By the Waterfall"
"Cabaret"
"Die Brotzeit Polka"
"Drink! Drink! Come Brother, Drink!"
"Lilli Marlene"
"Mozart Symphony #40"
"Night Life"
"The Happy Wanderer"
"True Love"
"Untern Linden"
"Willkommen"
"Wunderbar"

Germany Courtyard Music

"Beer Here"
"Chromatic Polka"
"Cradle Song"
"Du-Du"
"Harmonica Interlude"
"Have Another Drink"
"Hi Le, Hi Lo"
"Hofbrauhaus"
"Hunting Interlude"
"In the Deep Wine Cellar"
"It's Only Proper"
"Lorely"
"Love's Message"
"Meditation"
"Minuet in G"
"Mountain Echoes"
"Romance"
"Serenade"
"Skaters Waltz"
"Spinning Song"
"The Watch on the Rhine"

We appreciate your interest in the music featured in "Impressions de France" in the France pavilion
at Epcot. Below is a listing of the music that comprises the score of this film, which we hope you
will find helpful.

THE MUSIC OF "IMPRESSIONS DE FRANCE"

The following selections are heard in the "Impressions de France" film. They are listed in order of
composer and do not necessarily represent the order of presentation.

Concerto for Harp and Orchestra by Francois-Adrien Boieldieu

"Claire de Lune" (Orchestral Arrangement) by Claude Debussy

Nocturne No. 1 ("Nuages") & Nocturne No. 3 ("Sirenes") by Claude Debussy

"Syrinx" Solo for Flute by Claude Debussy

"La Peri" Fanfare (played twice) by Paul A. Dukas

"Gaite Parisienne" (played thrice) by Jacques Offenbach

Daphnis et Chloe Suite #2 (Daybreak Section) by Maurice Ravel

* "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals (played twice) by Camille Saint-Saens

"Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals Solo for Flute by Camille Saint-Saens

"Finale" from Carnival of the Animals by Camille Saint-Saens

Symphony #3 (Organ Symphony) Finale From 4th Movement by Camille Saint-Saens

"Trois Gymnopedies" #1 by Erik Satie (orchestrated by Debussy)

* Song title of the music played while gliding along a river at the beginning of
the film.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
I have a few quibbles with some of the information provided by Disney regarding IMPRESSIONS DE FRANCE...

THE MUSIC OF "IMPRESSIONS DE FRANCE"
Nocturne No. 1 ("Nuages") & Nocturne No. 3 ("Sirenes") by Claude Debussy
Nocturne No. 3 ("Sirenes") is NOT heard anywhere in the film.

"La Peri" Fanfare (played twice) by Paul A. Dukas
I don't believe that the Fanfare is "played twice". The "theme" appears multiple times in the piece and because of the editing, it just sounds like it's played twice.

"Gaite Parisienne" (played thrice) by Jacques Offenbach
There are only two selections from "Gaite Parisienne" in the film: "Ouverture" (bicycles careening down the road) and "Allegro moderato" (Notre Dame celebration). There's no "thrice" about it.

* "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals (played twice) by Camille Saint-Saens
See comments for "La Peri" fanfare above.

Symphony #3 (Organ Symphony) Finale From 4th Movement by Camille Saint-Saens
Arrrgghhh!! My biggest annoyance! There is NO 4th movement to Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony; there are only two. The segment heard in the film is the "Maestoso; Allegro" from the latter half of the 2nd movement. Granted, it's usually included on a CD as track 4 or the fourth track of the Symphony, but it is NOT the 4th movement. Why Disney continues to list it as such is beyond me!

I apologize if I come off as being overly obsessive about this information. But I love this film and musical score, and it bothers the heck out of me that Disney can't get this right. Who can I contact to get this stuff corrected?

As I recall, the first listing I received from Disney (from a cast member in the shops just outside of the film's exit) was absolutely correct and very detailed (scenes individually identified with the music, locations, buildings, and even the camera movmement!). Also, the late Buddy Baker's compositional and arranging credits were listed, albeit not as detailed; his music often outshines the classical selections and his arranging is spot-on, creating a perfectly flowing musical experience.

mmmfan

Thx99- You're correct.I never thought about this before.They may have listed "Aquarium" as being played twice because it's used at the beginning,and it appears again when the film presents"Mont St. Michael".
I agree with you about Buddy Baker.He made great contributions to this film.Love his theme for Versailles.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
They may have listed "Aquarium" as being played twice because it's used at the beginning,and it appears again when the film presents"Mont St. Michael".
I reread the listing and I think you are correct. I initially thought that they listed the Mont St. Michel music as the "Solo for Flute" version of Aquarium, but I suppose that the since the solo leads into another full statement, it is in essence played twice. I stand corrected.

I agree with you about Buddy Baker.He made great contributions to this film.Love his theme for Versailles.
Yes!! Baker's efforts were perfectly executed IMO. I'm also partial to his music for the vineyard scene (guy with grape leaves on his head coming in from the left) leading into the wine cellar scene (one man, two glasses... hmm... a secret rendezvous?!?).

BLM07

Alright, I've tried to put together a list at Wikipedia of the music played in the movie. I've got a scan from a official paper that has a list of the music and it does say Symphony #3 (Organ Symphony) Finale From 2nd Movement

also, in that scan it says that "Aquarium" from ''Carnival of the Animals'' was heard at the beginning of the film during the marshland scene

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressions_o...ce_%28Disney%29

I have no idea which order the songs are in though, maybe someone else can edit them to the correct order (and copy to where something is played more than once) or edit mistakes I've made.

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
Nice Wikipedia listing!

I have no idea which order the songs are in though, maybe someone else can edit them to the correct order (and copy to where something is played more than once) or edit mistakes I've made.
I made a chronological listing of the music back in 2000, which you can view HERE. The durations are approximate, and the original Baker compositions are described by short descriptions of the scene (often one-word). Note: I incorrectly listed Satie's "Trois Gymnopedies #1" as "Gymnopedie #3."

Also, above isn't the first time I complained about how Saint-Saens' Sympony #3 was listed (LINK). :-[

BLM07

Alright, the list is updated, hopefully everything is there. If there is anything incorrect just let me know.

Marko

In Impressions De France the music that plays at the Eiffel tower scene is the same as the music in the film Babe.

BLM07

It's time for "Name that speaker's location!"

AND NO HELP FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY!

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 123

BLM07

By "peanut galley" I meant the person who asked me to make that speaker my avatar. ;)

thx99

Real-life Harry Caul
Playlist Author
C====%
L V

I'm not getting this one.

gun.jpg

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
That's a very fancy shootin' iron there pardner......................Yee Ha!
In all fairness, not a bad representation :)

BLM07

Give up? The speaker is in Norway.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Give up? The speaker is in Norway.

Ok, let's play "Name that Speaker..."

If someone guesses correctly where the speaker in my avatar is located, they will win a fabulous prize! It has to be the specific location, not some generic comment like "It's located in WDW" (ok Almandot?).