Wonderland CD-on-Demand : 22 in total ???

gurgi

Hi everybody,

Counting all the CD's from the Wonderland Music Store (at both Disneyland and WDW) I reached 22 in total. I mean : 22 albums that have NEVER EVER been released on CD before. Is this correct ?

THANKS,
Bart

Zarpman

Some of the material on Wonderland has been released on CD before (or re-issued on CD at one point). Namely, the more recent titles (Disney Afternoon, Mickey Mouse Disco, Splashdance, etc).

All of the titles on Wonderland, except for Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland, are no longer in print.

W

wondergreg

I counted 24 titles that have NEVER been released on CD (though a couple were done in Japan):
The Parent Trap - Original Cast
Ludwig Von Drake DQ 1222
Lady and the Tramp Songs - Camarata
Tubby the Tuba DQ-1928
Secrets of Life Soundtrack WDL 4006
Date Nite at Disneyland WDL 3035
Deep In the Heart of Dixieland WDL 3009
Fess Parker: Cowboy and Indian Songs DQ 1336
Louis Prima: Let?s Hear It for Robin Hood STER 3339
Peter and the Wolf / The Sorcerer?s Apprentice DQ 1242
A Musical Tour of France
Hawaiiannette
Meet Me Down On Main Street
The Enchanted Tiki Room and the Adventurous Jungle Cruise
The Country Bear Jamboree
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
America Sings
It's a Small World
Babes in Toyland (Original Cast)
Summer Magic (Original Cast)
Camarata: Alice in Wonderland Songs
Mary Martin: Hi Ho
Tinpanorama

gurgi

I guess you're right about those 24 titles, since those were never "individually" released on CD. "America Sings" and "Golden Horseshoe" are completely included on the Disneyland box-set though, so that's why I counted 22 instead of 24.

Take care,
Bart

W

wondergreg

I guess you're right about those 24 titles, since those were never "individually" released on CD. "America Sings" and "Golden Horseshoe" are completely included on the Disneyland box-set though, so that's why I counted 22 instead of 24.

You're right too, Bart. I didn't think of that. I suppose you could look at it either way, because with the Wonderland edition, you get the CD in the case with (reduced size) album art.

gurgi

Hello again !

Recently my brother-in-law (also a Disney maniac) pointed out to me that the CD-on-Demand total is NOT 22 as I had mentioned, but 21 actually. He reminded me that "Hawaiiannette" had already been released on CD years ago. (You can see some nice scans of Annette's records and CD's on www.annettefunicello.net)

But I guess this Hawaiiannette re-issue is very welcome nevertheless, since the original CD is of course very hard to find, unlike Mouse House or Tigger Mania.

So Hans, you are right : if we're talking albums that have NEVER EVER BEEN RELEASED ON CD BEFORE, the total is indeed 21.
I'll still go for the RE-issue of Hawaiiannette though, since I'm not spending a lot of $$$ on eBay for the original CD. I'd rather spend those on future CD's-on-Demand...

Speaking of which : WHEN ??
(Randy ?)

Bart