1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Wonderful World of Colour

Discussion in 'Disney on Television' started by TomTO, Oct 21, 2009.

1. TomTO

TomTO Member

Perhaps someone can help me with this question. Is the "original" Wonderful World of Colour theme available anywhere? I see that on the latest Sherman Brothers CD it is once again done by The Wellingtons.

2. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

The original soundtrack 1967 version "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" theme with complete lyrics was licensed by Disney to TV Tunes some years back and can be found on "Television's Greatest Hits Vol 4: Black and White Classics" - - CD is now out of print but quite common used. Track is extremely clean and vivid! Listen to clip at Amazon. Track #23:

Television's Greatest Hits, Vol.4: Black & White Classics

3. TomTO

TomTO Member

Thanks so much. Just ordered it. Have been looking for this for years.

4. merlinjones

merlinjones Member

Happy to help! It's one of my favorite tracks too -- and very meaningful. Beyond the priceless nostalgic value, the 1967 lyrics are almost a "mission statement" for Walt Disney's body of work and what it stood for.