1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Where can I find "Shenandoah"?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by hoppypooh, Jun 1, 2005.

1. hoppypooh

hoppypooh New Member

I am in love with the version of "Shenandoah" that is played in the new "Remember" fireworks show at DL
    (it is right before the "hold onto your hats and glasses" part.) I was told it was used for the riverboat. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this particular version of the song?

Thank you! :)

2. WishesFan

WishesFan Member

I LOVE that part, too! It practically brings me to tears every time!!! I, too would like to know where to find a recording. Thanks!

-Rick

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

I'm quite sure that arrangement/orchestration was done especially for the fireworks show, and does not exist anywhere as a standalone track.

4. hoppypooh

hoppypooh New Member

Really? But it's only 10 seconds long! They got a whole orchestra in to record for just that little part???

On another fan site, I was led to believe that version
    of Shenandoah was actually a part of an area loop for the Mark Twain Riverboat. Could that be right?

Unfortunately, no one knew where to get a copy of the music.

5. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

It's not uncommon to have a 10 second track done during a recording session. It's possible that the track may have been longer, but there are a few parts in the new fireworks show that are newly recorded for this show, and are about 10 seconds long. The Tiki Room, HM, and Pirates sections come to mind.

Even the recording sessions for "It's a Small World" were done in one minute segments, then pieced together in the attraction. Oh, and film scores are also recorded in bits like that sometimes...well, maybe a lot more than "sometimes".

It would not surprise me in the least if the "Shenandoah" track, was, indeed recorded just for the fireworks show. As for it being part of the area loop for the Rivers of America, I think it is in the loop, but a different recording was used.

6. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Oh, and a little venting here...

I LOVE the "E-tickets in the Sky" portion of the new show, however, I'm disappointed that they reused "Wishes" and didn't create something new for Disneyland. Why not end the show with "Remember When" instead? Oh well...

7. hoppypooh

hoppypooh New Member

Wow thanks for the info! How could I be a professional musician and not know stuff like that? :-[

8. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Member

Someone on another site (maybe WDWMagic?) mentioned that it was from one of the CircleVision films.

9. Ghost Host

Ghost Host Member

There is a version of Shenendoah on the America the Beautiful storyteller album. Haven't listened to it in a while. Pretty sure it's a choral version.

10. makeminemusic

makeminemusic Member

There is a version on the BV STER "America the Beautiful" LP from 1959, but it is done by Archer and Gile with the Disneyland Chorus. I don't think this is the same used in the original film or the new fireworks show ( which I will get to see in August :D )

Ken

11. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I love that they must have paid thousands of dollars to have this new "Remember When" theme written, recorded by Leanne Rimes, and then they only use it as exit music. I've heard it after the show dozens of times now and have yet to understand a single word without really really trying. Wishes, if not a better song, is still far more memorable, and definately the theme you walk away humming, enforced by the fact that they play the wishes exit music AFTER the "Remember When" theme. Course I never went to college so maybe I'm too dumb to get it.

I really like the Shenandoah piece in the show too. Nice peaceful historic moment after all the quick pace and bright lights. One of the Voices of Liberty CD's had a nice version of this song too, but I too suspect that the one used in the show is a new recording. Most of what plays on the Riverboat is very upbeat. Perhaps what you heard, hoppypooh, was that the music was intended to represent the Mark Twain.

12. Michael Zielski

Michael Zielski Member

A beautiful version of the song is performed by the now late Thurl Ravenscroft, with a simple guitar accompaniment, on the Pirates of the Caribbean LP, released in the sixities(I'm at work now, and don't have the LP #). Thurl narrates a ride through the attraction on side 1, and then sings five nautical-related tunes on side 2--highly recommended, and hopefully a recording that we'll see soon through Wonderland Music.

Mike

13. Ghost Host

Ghost Host Member

I don't know how many of you heard the "demo" 50th anniversary song, but I thought that was great...more goosebumpy...I was kind of disappointed in the LeAnn Rimes song.

14. mmmfan

mmmfan Member

I agree.It's not as memorable as some of the other anniversary songs.

15. Rich T

Rich T Member

My favorite instrumental version is the one by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops. It's on the Pops Roundup CD, which is one of my all time favorite discs.

- Rich