What is Treasures of Fantasy Album?

I tried using the search option for the forums to find it, yet had no mention of it, (at least to me.) Just what is this album set?

Timekeeper

The Trout

It's a 12-CD boxed set from Tokyo Disneyland, featuring tons of parade and show audio, with some attraction audio thrown in every once in a while for good measure. It's got a few exclusive tracks of interest to American fans, like the complete Space Mountain Com Chat, and the Star Tours 1.0 Exit Loop.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
So that's what it is? and is it true that there is more than one edition? (not to sound like a fool.)

Timekeeper

http://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Disney_Resort:_Treasures_of_Fantasy_%282011_Version%29

Accurate enough, I think.

And the best part is:

This Box Set Will Be Ordered Outside of Japan Instead Of Ordering It in Japan for The First Time.

Curious as to what the price tag will be for this new version.

The Trout

Whoops, mistyped. Yeah, it's only 10 (sometimes 11) CDs. And it's worth noting that the new version is almost completely different than the old one. The 1996 edition is here. After that came the 2003 version, which is markedly different in many respects. Every disc is longer, almost maxing out the capacity for the CD at around 78 minutes per disc. They were also reordered.

This is the first I've heard of the 2011 version. At first glance, I can already see it's missing Fantillusion, which makes me very, very sad.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning the similar but completely different 12-CD Dream Box. Tokyo is spoiled.

WOW! Why doesn't the US Disney Parks have this sort of dedication like the Japanese parks?
blink.gif

Timekeeper

The Trout

To be fair, almost every Tokyo CD is just a release of their entertainment offerings (of which there are a gazillion). It'd be like if Disneyland released a 10-Disc box with Fantasmic, Soundsational, World of Color, etc. Granted, that'd actually be kind of awesome, but it's not the kind of attraction audio or area music we tend to beg for.

To be fair, almost every Tokyo CD is just a release of their entertainment offerings (of which there are a gazillion). It'd be like if Disneyland released a 10-Disc box with Fantasmic, Soundsational, World of Color, etc. Granted, that'd actually be kind of awesome, but it's not the kind of attraction audio or area music we tend to beg for.

I guess, but I guess your right. :D

Timekeeper

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I agree, The Tokyo stuff (even this set) doesn't compare with the other park sets like the Musical History of Disneyland.
I found this Tokyo set had a lot of stuff from the other parks that are already available on other (non Tokyo) park CDs.
I got my set very cheap (obviously someone else didn't think much of it either) :p
As said, many of the Tokyo CDs are just covering their entertainment stuff rather than good old Disney stuff. If you haven't been, they don't really mean much except to people who like to have as much as they can from the parks regardless :rolleyes:

DavidG

As said, many of the Tokyo CDs are just covering their entertainment stuff rather than good old Disney stuff.

Well, compared to DLP's releases, it's still theme park music paradise! I don't know if that's because our entertainment composer produces those CDs himself or because there's really not much demand for attraction and area music in Paris... I've said it before on here, but I got more DLP (non-entertainment) music from Tokyo albums than from our own!

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
As said, many of the Tokyo CDs are just covering their entertainment stuff rather than good old Disney stuff.

Well, compared to DLP's releases, it's still theme park music paradise! I don't know if that's because our entertainment composer produces those CDs himself or because there's really not much demand for attraction and area music in Paris... I've said it before on here, but I got more DLP (non-entertainment) music from Tokyo albums than from our own!

So did they ever get around to making a CD of the New Generation Festival or not :D
I do so agree. DLRP are very poor in issuing CDs and, when they do, it's often after the high season has ended (remember Mickey's magical? - single available through the summer and the album came out at the end of August!). I did get it the following year (half price) as they had tons left over (I wonder why). Seems so silly not to issue the CD when the thing is actually running rather than when it's ended. If they brought them out at the same time as the parade/show, people would buy them as souvenirs. How many sad people would want to buy last year's celebration (OK, me ) :lol: At least I had been there the year before and heard it.