WDW Today Resort TV Station Music

Just a recent stay at the Pop Century Resort, I wrote down a list of the songs that are played in the music loop heard on the "WDW Today" TV station. Here's the list:

1) Alice in Wonderland
2) I'm No Fool
3) It's a Small World
4) March of the Cards
5) Once Upon a Dream
6) I Wanna Be Like You
7) Brazzle Dazzle Day
8) The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers/Hip-Hip-Pooh-Ray Medley
9) You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!
10) Following the Leader
11) Bella Notte
12) Up, Down, Touch the Ground
13) My, What a Happy Day
14) A Spoonful of Sugar
15) Let's Get Together
16) The Bare Necessities
17) The Age of Not Believing
18) I'm Late
19) Candle on the Water
20) (unknown)
21) Let's Go Fly a Kita
22) Talent Rodeo
23) So This is Love
24) Colonel Hathi's March
25) Jolly Holiday
26) Rumbly in My Tumbly
27) The Merrily Song
28) That's What Makes the World Go Round
29) A Lady and the Tramp score piece (title unknown)
30) Lavender Blue (Dilly, Dilly)

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help identify the songs that I couldn't identify.

Thanks again.

W

wondergreg

Some time ago, I selected and produced the music you hear on the "WDW Today" in-room channel. I love Disney music too (Tim Hollis and I are working on the Walt Disney Records book), so I wanted it to appeal to those of us who would enjoy playing "Name That Tune" with the lesser-known heard songs as well as fresh arrangements of well-known ones. It's fun to play "Name That Disney Tune!"

Number 29 is called "Lady," and it has lyrics that the Mello Men sang on the original Mickey Mouse Club.
Number 20 is probably "Playful Melody," from 101 Dalmatians, or maybe "Merrily on Our Way" from "Ichabod and Mr. Toad" (sort of as a tribute to the now-defunct attraction).

The music was arranged and conducted by Michael Hurley at Lone Pine Studios in Orlando. We had a limited budget so most of the music is done on Michael's keyboard. We also wanted it to be kind of mellow and listenable so guests could stand hearing it over and over. Michael also loves Disney music (he did the arrangements for "When You Wish" for the "What are you gonna do next?" commercials and his wife Patty Poole is the singer).

This project was a labor of love for all concerned. Hope everyone enjoys it!

I was hanging around, waiting to see if Greg was going to respond to this, since I knew he was the mastermind behind the music. When I was down there visiting with him back in December, I found that leaving the TV on that channel and letting the music play was one of the most soothing ways to relax. It really is an amazing collection, and even more remarkable is that Greg and his friend had to actually come up with the music to such now-relatively-obscure selections as "I'm No Fool" and "Talent Roundup."

dtats

I just returned from a wonderful stay at the All Star Movies Resort, and my whole family very much enjoyed listening to this loop on the TV while preparing for a day at the parks or winding down after one.

Our thanks to all of those who contributed to it.

Mike