1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

WDW New Fantasyland Music

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by Paul, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Paul

Paul Active Member

Has anyone had a chance to experience New Fantasyland's area music?

Is the music in Be Our Guest directly from Beauty and the Beast or is it redone?

Is the any outdoor area music across New Fantasyland?

Is the "singing" parts in The Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure directly from the movie or redone for the attraction? What plays in the queue?

2. Maestrojosh87

Maestrojosh87 Member

It must have been redone... I know some of it has the musical extensions/alterations heard in the stage musical, like the additional song "Me."

3. eabiggins

eabiggins New Member

I just came back from WDW. There are new instrumental versions of Beauty and the Beast songs (including some from the stage musical) playing in the appropriate areas, and I think the music from the Mermaid area may be newly-recorded as well.
    The one that really impressed me was that the new bathroom/resting area opposite Peter Pan is Tangled-themed, including its own medieval-style music loop that plays nowhere else. They didn't have to do that, but they did. I recorded a little of that on my phone. I haven't figured out if it's needle-drop but I don't think so. It did include the Kingdom Dance music from the film soundtrack (I think that one was a new arrangement too) but I didn't recognize anything else.

4. disneyphenom

disneyphenom Member

Apparently, a lot of the Tangled Restroom *is* needledrop.

5. Paul

Paul Active Member

Is there outdoor area music in New Fantasyland? I don't recall hearing any the couple times that I was there.

6. monorail91

monorail91 Member

Maybe depends on where you're standing, I can recall hearing music outside the restrooms kinda by Gaston's Tavern. I think there's also music playing in the exterior queue for the Belle meet-and-greet.

7. GrinGrinnyGhost

GrinGrinnyGhost New Member

When I was there in July of 2013, I did not recall any noticeable BGM outside on paths away from the buildings.

Magic Music likes this.