1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Walt Disney World Forever CDs

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Adaml212, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Adaml212

Adaml212 New Member

Hi,
    I am new here and was just wondering if Walt Disney World still had the WDW Forever CD kiosks.

Thanks

2. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

they are no longer available. The Kiosks were taken out months ago. Sorry :mad:

3. GrizzlyHall

GrizzlyHall Member

It's a shame...

I've heard a rumor going around that WDWF may come around again in the near future. I have no clue how valid it is, but we can at least hope.

I'm afraid that WDWF closed not totally due to RedDotNet, but mainly because people downloaded all of the songs online. It's really a shame. Both WDWF and DLF lost popularity, and therefore, we lost them.

Hopefully the new CDs won't allow computer transfer...if they ever come out... :'(

4. Progressland

Progressland Member

Since all the hardware for both Forever systems was removed, I wouldn't count on it coming back!

-Jason

5. Alex K

Alex K Member

Re:It's a shame...

For us, the system lost popularity because over the few years the DLF and WDWF systems were open we had bought about 2 dozen CDs,
    (You can imagine how much money that's worth at $2 a track!!!) and it reached the point where the remaining tracks were
    viewed as not being worth $2 each. No new tracks were being added, and a lot of them we already had
    from the other commercial releases (Like the Candlelight Processional, HM and PoTC CDs). So what else was there to buy?

I've also watched people at the kiosks. On the surface, they look popular, but the great majority of people browse the selections, probably just becuase of the novelty of the machine, and very few actually buy a CD.

It is probably a sad fact of life for us fans that the market for this kind of audio is limited, and, for Disney, cannot justify the cost of operating the kiosks.
    Just imagine how many CDs a kiosk would have to sell a day to recoup its operating costs, not to mention licensing for the work.

Just my 2 cents.

6. Shane

Shane Member

...a good economic argument for the possisbly viable sale of the material over the internet.

For the vast majority of interested consumers, Disney would not have to keep a large inventory of blank cds, burners, or labelers on hand. They would only need to keep the files on their servers which could be downloaded along w/ image files to make labels on the customer's own computer.

For those customers w/o labeling or burning capability, Disney could offer a limited supply of pre-made cds and/or the customizable option at a slightly higher price than the downloadable files to offset the cost of materials for them. W/o the cost of maintaining the kiosk machines, Disney could then offer up to full 80-min. cds worth of material at a reduced cost, in comparison with Disney Forever prices, while still profiting from these sales. The cost of shipping, handling, and packaging would be passed on to the consumer, the same as with all of their current mail order merchandise.