1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

"Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA"

Discussion in 'Archive' started by candleshoe, Feb 1, 2007.

1. candleshoe

candleshoe New Member

Greetings, all -
    I'm wondering if there's ever been a recording of this song? I first heard it performed by Marie Osmond, in the 1985 tv special saluting Disneyland's 35th Anniversary. On a recent trip to WDW, it was featured in a little "trolley show" in the Magic Kingdom, and it is still stuck in my head a month later!

Any thoughts?

2. BJWanlund

BJWanlund Member

I'd LOVE to hear this too! When I heard it on Sing-A-Long Songs: Disneyland Fun, I wanted it IMMEDIATELY!!!

BJ

3. almandot

almandot Member

The Welcome song version is included on disc 1 of wdw's 2-disc set from last year

4. Steve LeVine

Steve LeVine Member

Its been posted on the newsgroup many times

5. candleshoe

candleshoe New Member

Almandot, thanks for the tip. I'll try to pick that up.
    Steve Levine, what's been posted many times? I searched both the recent and archive postings before posting my query, and nothing showed up for me.

thanks...

6. SpectroPluto

SpectroPluto Member

7. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

I picked up from newsgroups on March 16, 2006 one of my many copies. It is part of a larger file entitled 'Magic Kingdom Opening Celebration and The Most Magical Place on Earth parade'. The track is ~15.5MB, 11min 02 seconds long, 192kbps. The portion in question starts up at 7min 55 sec into the track.

On a side note, thanks; I'll be hearing 'clang-clang' in my head for weeks.

8. diegorivera2

diegorivera2 Member

Strike that last date; it was March 23, 2006. The ID3 tag that came with it indicated a 1996 date for the track, the title is 'The Most Magical Place on Earth'.

9. Steve LeVine

Steve LeVine Member

If anybody wants just the Walking Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA song I have a 3 meg mp3 of it that I am willing to email. Let me know if you want it

10. tcsnwhite

tcsnwhite Member

I would love to find the version they used in "Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration" cavalcade they has at Disneyland before Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams started.

Actually, I would love to find the music to that whole cavalcade/street show, but it's one of those where it just has never leaked out. Funny how some music always ends up getting leaked out, and some are like under lock and key...hmmm.

11. almandot

almandot Member

It's a matter of numbers. A small show like that doesn't have many copies handed out and the likelihood of one of them leaking it to an internet fan is smaller than a normal parade.

12. tcsnwhite

tcsnwhite Member

yeah, I guess that's one way to look at it. I still think some things are guarded much more heavily than others though, but that just may be my crazy mind at work. :eek:

anyway, god, i would love to find that cavalcade.