1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Vintage Vinyl Xmas Album

Discussion in 'Archive' started by jeffcot, Jun 19, 2006.

1. jeffcot

jeffcot Guest

For anyone interested in vintage Disney LPs, just posted a rip of Christmas album from the late 1950s.

Mickey Mouse Club - Mickey Mouse Christmas Surprises

10 Tracks--

From All of Us to All of You
    Hark the Hearald Angels Sing
    T'was the Night Before Christmas
    Fantasyland - Storybook Tree
    Winter Wonderland
    Jingle Bells
    Adventureland - Jungle Tree
    Jingle Bones
    Kris Kringle
    Tomorrowland - Futuristic Christmas Tree

Aside from a couple of skips on the 7th track, it sounds pretty good for an old banged-up LP.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to host it, so I've posted it to the alt.binaries.mp3.disney. Feel free to share/host/repost.

Enjoy--

Jeff

2. Tim Hollis

Tim Hollis Member

And be sure to read pages 39-44 of MOUSE TRACKS to learn the whole story behind the songs you're hearing.. they will make a whole lot more sense that way!

This has been an unpaid, non-political advertisement.

3. jeffcot

jeffcot Guest

Wow Tim--thanks for the heads-up. I had just purchased your book about a week and a half ago, but had not read through the pages you cited. What a surprise!

I had picked up the record at a flea market about 10 years ago, but never was able to listen to it due to no longer owning a turnatable. I finally broke down yesterday and bought a turntable so I could listen to some of the vinyl I've been collecting over the years.

I had no idea that this particular record was Disney's first Xmas collection. The background in your book was terrific and really makes me appreciate this old record all the more.

Jeff

4. BDBopper

BDBopper New Member

First of all thank you Jeffcot for sharing...that was pretty neat! :)

And Tim I just bought your book. I look forward to receiving the book and adding to my Disney musical knowlege!