1. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The Timekeeper / Le Visionarium

Discussion in 'Disney Parks and Resorts' started by SageofTime, Oct 2, 2002.

1. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Re:Visionarium on the way out of DLRP

Well THAT'S certainly a good thing to hear! Our next trip to DLP is still years away (but TDL is this upcoming April!) but it's still REALLY happy information! Thanks Dirk!

-Sharon-

2. gamora

gamora Member

Timekeeper/Le Visionarium Score

So I went to the 4th of July Disneyland 50th celebration last night at the Hollywood Bowl. One of the pieces played was a compilation of scores from Disney attractions around the world, including Soarin' Over California, From Time to Time, Stormrider, and a piece from the China Pavilion in Epcot.

This got me to thinking, does anyone know if Bruce Broughton's Score to the Timekeeper is or will ever be commercially available?

Thanks

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

Re:Timekeeper/Le Visionarium Score

Lucky you! I read about that concert after the fact... I would have loved to have been there, but I'm on the other coast.

Unfortunately, none of Broughton's magnificent music for this attraction has been released.

4. DisneylandKid

DisneylandKid Member

Hi! Does anyone know if the Stormrider has ever been commercially released on a CD? Thank you! :)

5. gamora

gamora Member

Yes, Stormrider is available on the Tokyo Disney Sea Official Album.

6. SageofTime

SageofTime New Member

Now that Timekeeper is Closed...=(

Hi Everyone! Long time reader here. Do you think Disney will finally release this score? I've been searching for years with no luck...Randy, please. :)
    And while your putting together a fantastic Timekeeper album, go ahead and make a Dream Flight album as well...and an Epcot 25th ann. set.... ;)

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

Re:Now that Timekeeper is Closed...=(

The chances of this getting released were never good even when the attraction was open; with it closed, I would say the chances are zero, unfortunately.

The best we can hope is that the composer will someday put together a promotional cd with some of his Disney park music... and the chances of that? Probably not good, either.

Bummer!

8. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Re:Now that Timekeeper is Closed...=(

I believe Bruce Broughton wrote the score for this attraction (in addition to others). I sent a few emails to his official site in the past regarding future releases of Disney music and was told there is nothing planned in the future. Unfortunately, Dr. Know is probably correct - no official release (from Disney or the composer) will probably occur.

9. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Re:Timekeeper Score/show?

WDWGuy08 - It looks like you have competition on the Bruce Broughton project.? I suggest you ramp up operations quickly.?

10. almandot

almandot Member

Re: Timekeeper Score/show?

why don't you raise enough money to pay bruce boughton to compose a new song that may sound remarkably similar to the song you want but is different enough that it could be used in one of those commercials where they're clearly ripping off a song but not technically using it ;)

11. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

No Bill, as I understand it, Disney was perfectly within their rights to play the Raymond Scott soundalike loop (by George Wilkins) as it was only a style that was emulated. They got in trouble for playing the original Scott stuff without permission. They pulled the Wilkins stuff unncecessarily.

12. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member

Roger works for Intrada. That post was from six years ago and still no apparent progress on the Disney front from this label. But they are persistent buggers, so perhaps one day....

13. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Thanks Dr. Know. I didn't realize there was a connection with Intrada with respect to the old post. I do find it interesting that there was a movement (albeit not as intense as WDWGuy08's) to get the Broughton music released in 2002. Perhaps Intrada could hire WDWGuy08....

14. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

What the heck, how did this get dug up??

Oh, and after hearing recordings of both the DLP and WDW versions of Timekeeper, are they really all THAT different in score? I could tell that they were both using the same themes, and it's not like it was a totally different version. To my ear they were very close, the overall theme is the same, but just slightly different recordings. It's not like Bruce recorded an entirely new theme, which based on past postings you might be led to believe.

15. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

I found the old post while searching for the exact piece of information you just relayed, regarding the differences between the two scores (Thanks!). I thought the old post was useful to give WDWGuy08 a hard time.

16. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

You're welcome, LOL!? It's just that after hearing how much these two shows were "different", I found them to be very close, actually.

Well, there is that... ;)

17. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Ben, the scores to the 2 versions of the film are totally different. However there is a version of the WDW show that uses the DLP score. I'm not sure of it's origin but I've seen it labeled WDI Demo, and it does have slightly different versions of all the narration and dialogue than what was finally installed in Florida. So if you listened to this and a recording of DLP's show, yes they would sound almost identical.

18. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

Well, I guess that is possible.? I've been on the attraction, but honestly it's hard to remember if it was different than the file I listened to.? I'll bet I have the WDI "demo" version then, because the score is the same as DLP.? It does have Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman, I just thought it was the same as presented at WDW, since it seemed like a live recording.

19. Horizons

Horizons Playlist Author

Can someone post the track lengths for each of the versions they have? For example, how long is the "demo" version?

20. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Full Show Soundtrack WDI Demo (18:45)
    Full Show (ALD) (17:29)