The Official Albums for 2008!

Gurgitoy2

Yeah, my guess would be we won't see a Disneyland album until the 55th in 2010, and probably the same for Walt Disney World. There isn't a need for a new one at the moment...although I'd love one with new stuff. I'm sure the resorts would be happy to continue to sell the current one for a while without having to pay for a new version so soon.

WDWGuy08

yeah maybe some american idol music, new space mountain music, and some other stuff.

gtaro

Oddly enough, you might try Disneyland Resort Mail Order. Both official albums can usually be found on Main Street, and so I would suspect that Mail Order would have it (even if WDW doesn't).
Disneyland Mail Order does have them. I just ordered both CDs from them.

Marko

yeah maybe some american idol music, new space mountain music, and some other stuff.
Not a bad idea! Space Mountain 3rd tunnel would really be appropriate in case they were to get rid of the loop (although I hope they don't) and certainly would excite the fans. Maybe something from Toy Story Mania as well?

micmouse96

;) Walt Disney World & Disneyland Official albums are a rip off it's the same music every single year, but every 1 to 2 years they add a track in there that they want the customer to thank it's brand new, but it's really ancient. :angry:

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
Don't forget that most of these albums are aimed at guests who are not regulars but who buy one as a souvenir of a maybe once-in-a-lifetime visit to the parks or as a reminder.
I'd hate it if that was me and they didn't have all the classics on them so I expect there to be very little change.
Same goes for the general CDs - they are aimed more at first time buyers so, again, need some pretty "standard" stuff on them.
I'd buy one for one new track (well, I have, actually) ;)

Marko

:D Walt Disney World & Disneyland Official albums are a rip off it's the same music every single year, but every 1 to 2 years they add a track in there that they want the customer to thank it's brand new, but it's really ancient. ;)
Sadly I have to agree. I think that they at least should release a couple disks for one park alone. That way, people can get more music that they wouldn't have received on the Official Album, pertaining to eyore's comment above.

eyore

DLRP explorer
Playlist Author
I have to say that DLRP are quite good in releasing "mini-albums" containing just a few songs etc - often for a specific parade etc (although these do tend to end up on official albums eventually). In the old money, an EP rather than an LP :D
It can get a bit like collecting the pins though. Miss a year and you've missed out. (No, I don't pin trade but I do buy the odd one).
Do the US parks do CDs for various events (not specific attractions) as well?
DLRP had ones like the dancin' a catchy rhythm Parade tune, the Princess parade etc.

X-S Tech

:lol: Walt Disney World & Disneyland Official albums are a rip off it's the same music every single year, but every 1 to 2 years they add a track in there that they want the customer to thank it's brand new, but it's really ancient. :(
A rip off? I think that's a really inaccurate statement. If a product is made that you don't want, don't buy it. Rip off implies that it's a scam- that the content is not worth the price charged. I'd say the Official Albums keep getting better and better. But if you read the tracklist, see that there is only one new track and buy it anyway, how is Disney to blame for you feeling cheated? I would be happier than anyone if there was a way whole albums of new Park music could be released each year, but I know that Disney does market these albums to someone who wants a well rounded album that represents the park as a whole, not to someone like me. So I'm happy for what I can get and I weigh each purchase based on reality, not what I wish was true.