The Official Albums for 2008!

Marko

For the final time, and I don't give a darn if you don't believe me, I am not Bill! You are Bill Horizons. Only someone like Bill would try to pass himself off as someone else. The jig is up BILL!

Marko

One thing that caught my eye, the time for "At the Happiest Place on Earth" is listed as 3:33 on the booklet, but upon importing to iTunes, the time of that track shows up as 2:38. I'm assuming this is a misprint in the booklet.
Actually, it's not a mistake. It's a secret code!

Is the combination to the vault where I keep all of the Bruce Broughton masters.

Now all you have to do is FIND THE VAULT!

Randy
A secret vault. Noooooooo! Thanks for the music though.

It is now just a little over a year after release of the newest Walt Disney World Official Album. I just got back from a 7 day trip to Walt Disney World and was not able to locate a copy anywhere on property. I looked in dozens of stores to no avail as I made my way around the world. What particularly disturbed me was, until my last day there, not a single merchandise employee seemed aware of the item at all - none recalled ever having seeing it. The CD racks overflowed with Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers product, but the park exclusive Official album was nowhere to be found.

On my last day in the World, a cast member at World of Disney was able to tell me that the Walt Disney World Official Album was out of stock across the property and I should keep checking with Walt Disney World mail order (which I'd avoided for over a year not wanting to pay the shipping charge) to see if it ever comes back in stock. I'd hate to have missed this edition with so much being new on it, and I'm afraid at this point that one of these new tracks will be dropped off the next edition and I'll miss something altogether. Anyone have any further information on this?

Club 33

Playlist Author
Oddly enough, you might try Disneyland Resort Mail Order. Both official albums can usually be found on Main Street, and so I would suspect that Mail Order would have it (even if WDW doesn't).

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I just got back from a 7 day trip to Walt Disney World and was not able to locate a copy anywhere on property.
Too bad you didn't post something earlier because I could have told you where to find a copy.

a cast member at World of Disney was able to tell me that the Walt Disney World Official Album was out of stock across the property...
Incorrect. I know of a location that has at least a dozen copies at this very moment.

If you contact me via PM or e-mail I will be happy to pick up a copy for you.

I was in WDW from April 26 - May 2 myself and saw several copies in more than one location too. I don't remember all the places I saw it right now though. Jay may be able to tell you exactly where they have them. I have learned in the past to not always trust the CM's. Some of them are very knowledgeable, but some don't have a clue when it comes to something like the CD and where to find it. I have found the most helpful CM's at the information desk in the large World of Disney store in Downtown Disney at WDW. They seem to know more about where to find things and they have a computer where they can look things up for you. Hope you find one!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I was in WDW from April 26 - May 2 myself and saw several copies in more than one location too. I don't remember all the places I saw it right now though.
Keep in mind that while a shop may have two or three copies the moment you happen by doesn't mean they will still be there even two hours later. Disney moves merchandise very, very quickly!

In spite of my saying "incorrect," Robert was not really given bad information. The Four Parks CD is effectively sold out property-wide right now.

Disney's inventory system is not the best, though. A shop that shows a quantity of zero may very well still have two copies on the shelf. More probable is that a shop that is supposed to have five copies will actually have none. For this reason, CMs are instructed not to let guests know that an item can be found at a particular location unless it is showing a quantity of ten or more in the computer.

Jay may be able to tell you exactly where they have them.
Yes, but only because it is a location that no one would ever expect to look. And, not only that, the CDs are fairly well hidden within this location.

Other than this one spot, Robert is right, they currently cannot be found anywhere on property.

I'm sure more will be in the warehouse shortly, though.

almandot

I wonder if these things selling out means Randy's gonna get told he does great work and should go ahead and get more cool stuff on the CDs in the future or if they tell him hey these things are still selling good so don't make anything else while we get people to keep buying as many of the current copies as possible. Or maybe they groan and say ugh we have to replace the stock on these things again? It's just a stupid disney cd. Tell Randy it's not worth our effort and to stop making them.

Turbollama

I also returned from Disneyworld at the end of last week and I searched every store I found with no success.

A few days into my trip I called their phone order line and they stated varying stores that "might" have a few copies. One CM even called a few stores to find them to no avail.

On the last day I happened to go to Muppet Stuff in Hollywood Studios and they had three copies. It surprised me and I bought one. One of the CMs told me she was going to buy another later that day. So if not the public, the CMs must be buying them as they show up.

Just happy to hear this item is still out and about. I'm in Nevada so hearing that I could potentially pick it up at Disneyland on my next trip to California is nice. I've not actually ever seen WDW's Official Album there before, but I haven't been to the Disneyland Resort in nearing two years at this point. I'm going to try to pick both of them up this summer.

It may sound ridiculous, but I just can't bring myself to pay what I consider to be an outrageous cost for shipping to the Disney merchandise departments. It's roughly 25% the cost of the item. I can personally ship a cd for around $2 through USPS and it gets to its destination in days versus my UPS experience which costs around $8 with a delivery timeline measured in weeks.

Jay - Didn't mean to say that they would have them, just that I saw several myself. I believe one of the places I saw at least 6-8 of them was on Monday, April 27, at Epcot below a check out register. I picked it up, but I already have one. I was just looking at it to make sure it wasn't anything that I didn't already have myself. I know Disney does move things very fast. I only mentioned that you may know because you mentioned it yourself. They could very well be sold out across the property now, but I did see some other places that had it too.

I just know that I have been told by a CM that they had something only to find out that they did not, or that they don't have something only to find that they did. It is good to ask, but I would still keep an eye out wherever I went. It is one of the reasons that I walked all the way to Toon Town in MK to see if they had a Daisy shirt for my niece while I was there. I just didn't trust it unless I saw for myself. Luckily you can now make your own shirts in Downtown Disney and I was able to make a Daisy shirt for her. Someone finally told me that after asking at about 4 different stores, including the World of Disney store.

David S.

Luckily you can now make your own shirts in Downtown Disney and I was able to make a Daisy shirt for her. Someone finally told me that after asking at about 4 different stores, including the World of Disney store.
Isn't that "Design a Tee" store terrific! I was able to finally buy shirts featuring a lot of my all-time favorite characters from the classic animated features that are NEVER featured in adult sizes on the "official" shirts in places like Emporium, etc. In my experiences, only the "Fab 5", sometimes the Pooh characters, and, for some reason, Grumpy and Tinkerbell, get a lot of attention on adult-sized T-shirts in the shops. (and even then, Pluto can be hard to find in an adult size)

But at "Design a Tee", I've already gotten 6 shirts featuring characters I've never seen on an adult sized T-shirt, including Dumbo, Bambi/Thumper, and Jiminy Cricket!

As far as the Official Album, now that I think of it, I haven't seen it in many of the shops for awhile, so I'm thankful I was able to get mine around this same time last year.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I picked up an extra copy of the Four Parks ? One World official album last night. Cost plus USPS First Class postage gets it. Robert (anyone else?), send me a PM if you're interested.

WDWGuy08

when will there be a new official album with new music on it released? later 2009 or 2010 or 2011? RANDY???

chris