The Official Albums for 2008!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
The Four Parks ? One World CD has been available for purchase ONLY at the World of Disney store and ONLY from April 1 through April 8 and briefly on Saturday, April 12. It has NOT been seen ANYWHERE since midday on the 12th. Well, except for Disneyland, that is! :wacko:

Joevn

The Four Parks ? One World CD has been available for purchase ONLY at the World of Disney store and ONLY from April 1 through April 8 and briefly on Saturday, April 12. It has NOT been seen ANYWHERE since midday on the 12th. Well, except for Disneyland, that is! :wacko:
That's disappointing to hear. I plan on visiting WDW next week and was hoping to pick it up then. Hopefully it will reappear soon.

Thanks for the responses!

Hope you had better luck than me. I asked about it twice in WOD Downtown in WDW while I was there, once ealry int he week and once later. They had not gotten anymore as of 4/26/08, my last visit. I just called Disney Merchandise Mail Order yesterday, and they said that it was out and they expect more to come in, but they are not quite sure when. I am trying to get some information on the Souvenir Pictorial book and place an order for both at the same time.

X-S Tech

I called Monday morning to cancel my WDW order because I had found it at DL instead. The woman I spoke to said that she still shows 3,000 in the warehouse but nothing in stores. I didn't have to point out how strange it was that Disneyland had them available.

If you're doing Mail Order why not call Disneyland mail order instead?

Club 33

Playlist Author
I have one on backorder at WDW which still hasn't shipped. Odd; I was just at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see the new WDW album there.

I called DL and asked about getting it shipped through them. They only had the 5 Cd set from WDW for shipping. Thiis the one with the parade CD, etc. in it, which I already have. I trusted the girl who was on the phone about it because she seemed very knowledgeable and helpful about everything else I asked her. Since I also want the book anyway, I thought I would just get it from WDW.

JimFromEastPA

Re: The Official Albums for 2008! At Disneyland

I just wanted to pass on that I was able to order both OAs via Disneyland's DeliverEars without any problems. I tried this because some of you reported the WDW OA was available at DL.

Yesterday, after gathering the necessary information from this thread (Four Parks - One World, UPC #0 50087-1904 1, Disneyland Resort Official Album, UPC #0 5008711895 2), I called Disneyland DeliverEars (1-800-362-4533). I ordered the WDW OA first by the "Four Parks - One World" name and UPC. (The cast member didn't want the SKU.) The cast member was able to look up and find it. She was familiar with the new DL OA, so I didn't need to provide that information.

Bottom line is both double CDs should be (slowly) on their way to me with the only additional charge of $7.00 for shipping. (I didn't even have sales tax added, but I suspect that will change once Disney finishes taking back the Disney Stores.)

So, thanks, all, for the great information!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Here is the latest on the debacle at WDW:

96 copies of Four Parks ? One World were supposed to be on World of Disney shelves on Thursday, May 1. Someone zeroed out the quantity and none were to be found Thursday morning.

On Thursday, a manager at World of Disney got involved and she was eventually assured that 96 copies would be delivered to the store for sale on Saturday, May 3 (today). There were, of course, none to be found on the shelves this morning. Zero, zip, nada. Apparently, someone zeroed out the quantity again.

It would appear that the 3,000 copies that are supposed to be in the warehouse right now have all been LOST.

There are 3,500 more CDs on the way, but no one knows when they'll arrive at the warehouse, or when they'll go on sale. Typically, it takes about a week after something shows up in the warehouse before it is distributed.

To date, World of Disney remains the only location on the distribution list for the CD that just doesn't want to be sold.

Gurgitoy2

Maybe that 3,000 actually ended up at Disneyland's warehouse instead, LOL! It seems that they have copies when WDW doesn't...so...

X-S Tech

I'm going to drop Walt Disney Records an email about how much I like both of the OA's. WDW's especially strikes me as such a great album, really from all perspectives a great album, for both the music enthusiast and the tourist/souvenir collector. I suggest anyone who really enjoys these releases do the same.

Good idea, what is the e-mail address? Should we also stress that some of us would like these available on iTunes since it is such a hassle to get them from WDW mail order or DelivEARS?