The Official Albums for 2008!

I called and ordered today, although they have a little trouble finding it. It is listed as: Four Parks Official.
The SKU number is 128 246 48 (which apparently is different than the UPC).
5-10 days shipping

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
It is listed as: Four Parks Official. The SKU number is 128 246 48

My receipt reads:

CD 4 PARK OFFICIAL 24.98

40012824648 is the correct SKU. The only numbers printed on the outside of the package, however, are the UPC, 0 50087-11904 1, which is scanned at purchase, and what looks like Walt Disney Records' own catalog number, D000170402.

5-10 days shipping

I've waited 14 to 21 days on average with Disneyland DelivEARS and Walt Disney World Mail Order (before moving a couple of miles away from WDW).

If you're in a hurry, most of your better eBay sellers will get your purchase to your doorstep in 2 to 4 days.

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have played the new tracks from the OA a few times today and they are fantastic! I have read some negative comments about the new Spaceship Earth score and I am interested to see if people are more inclined to like it after hearing the isolated score. Sometimes the music on the attraction is not played loud enough, which makes it difficult to really appreciate the score. Spaceship Earth, the expanded CTX Theme, and O'Canada are, in my opinion, reason enough to purchase the OA. Now, if I can just convince Randy to fill in the missing CTX theme for the next OA... :)

Gurgitoy2

Anyone know if the Disney Stores in the malls will carry it???

No, these are park exclusive CD's. The Disney Stores never carry park CD's, unless it's a national release (like the single disc album from DL's 50th). The only store that might carry the WDW one would be the NYC World of Disney store, and even then, it's not a given...since I've never even seen the 2006 OA sold there. They did have other WDW park CD's, but getting an OA there is pretty fruitless...

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I have read some negative comments about the new Spaceship Earth score and I am interested to see if people are more inclined to like it after hearing the isolated score.

I have listened to the track 3-4 times and it is still "forgettable" as far as I am concerned. Well, except for the jarring Renaissance radio station that comes on at 4:57 and continues to assault me with "hallelujahs" until 5:57 when Ian Anderson's funky flute solo kicks in.

The last couple of minutes of the track are brand new to me. I am so mesmerized by the amazing Elf Yourself cartoon at the end of the ride that I don't notice anything else. There is music? What chicken wire? ::)

Personally, I would be more thrilled to own 10:52 worth of Bill warbling Mary Poppins tunes. ;D

X-S Tech

Well I just got off the phone with Mail Order and they said it shows this in the warehouse but not released to stores yet. They did say I could backorder it, so I went ahead.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Pigs, I'm honored you've taken my "humor color codes" to heart.

To humor you, of course! ;)

...not released to stores yet.

Yesterday afternoon World of Disney had 3 or 4 copies scattered amongst the normal "CD hiding place" (an inch off the damned floor - how do they expect adults to stoop down that far?!), and another 20 copies on an end cap close to where all the candy, cookies, and housewares are sold. I returned just before closing at 11:00 p.m. and there were still 6 to 8 copies left on the end cap.

They did say I could backorder it

I think Disneyland DelivEARS charged me $10 to ship a single CD the last time I placed an order. And then it took 3 weeks before it showed up. The eBay route may end up costing a few dollars more, but it's certainly much faster.

Did they maybe jump the gun putting it on shelves over there?

Nope. It happens all the time. Sometimes new items are on the shelves a few days early and other times they end up being a week or two late. I have seen a pin show up on an obscure cart somewhere and then not hit Disney's Pin Traders or the other main pin selling locations for several more days. You gets what you gets.

almandot

Disneyland's still isn't out yet and no one knows anything about it nor do any of the people the music store has available to call know anything about it yet so it's still a mystery until it magically shows up one day.

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
Here is the track listing for Four Parks - One World Walt Disney World Official Album:

09. Grim Grinning Ghosts The Haunted Mansion 5:32

A question for Randy: Wouldn't it have made more sense to call this one The Haunted Mansion Medley, like was done for Splash Mountain, since this track features Foyer Music, the Ghost Host, Ballroom Music, Exit Crypt Music, and Little Leota, in addition to the extended Graveyard version of Grim Grinning Ghosts? I have always considered Grim Grinning Ghosts to be the title for the older and ever present Thurl Ravenscroft/Singing Busts track (approx. 1:05).

almandot

even the extended graveyard track would be grim grinning ghosts to me.. but ya all that is more like a medley short of a ride-through..

then again technically all the rooms kinda use grim grinning ghosts except the ghost host stretching room spiel ;P

Good question PigsOnTheWing!

The "Splash Mountain Medleys" are labeled medleys as they are actually a collection of distinct and different compositions. Though the cues for THE HAUNTED MANSION are indeed labeled "Foyer", "Ballroom", and alike, they are technically 'variations on a theme'. And as far as the publisher is concerned, it's one composition - hence, "Grim Ginning Ghosts" as the track title. This is also true for "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)" where "The Pirate Overture" and "Scare Me Music" are all variations on Mr. Bruns and Mr. Atencio's "Yo Ho". I do see your point, and when I originally built this longer version (twice actually - first in 1995 and then again in 2005 with the restored stereo original session recordings), I wanted to make a distinction between the first 1 minute clip on the previous Official Albums, and my new 5+ minute version. I was informed that it must be called "Grim Grinning Ghosts" for that is what it's publishing requires - it IS "Grim Grinning Ghosts".

So, there ya go.

Between release rights, AFofM, distribution, and publishing; the music business is one big puzzle box that was designed by a psychotic madman who's only satisfaction in life must have been the torment and anguish of his fellow man. Lewis Carroll's head would explode if faced with the 'logic' of this industry. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I get to live on it.... Whoo-Hoo!

Randy

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
I wanted to make a distinction between the first 1 minute clip on the previous Official Albums, and my new 5+ minute version. I was informed that it must be called "Grim Grinning Ghosts" for that is what it's publishing requires - it IS "Grim Grinning Ghosts". So, there ya go.

I understand. I am not sure that I would agree with the publishers, though. Multiple Grim Grinning Ghosts tracks may have worked for vinyl and CDs, but it doesn't work very well for today's world of iPods and the like. I would be inclined to call a variation something like Grim Grinning Ghosts (Extended Graveyard Mix).

In this case, you've really got a mini ride-thru, since you've included the Ghost Host and Little Leota.

The Haunted Mansion 30th Anniversary CD has tracks titled The Haunted Mansion...at Disneyland and The Haunted Mansion...at Walt Disney World, and the newer The Haunted Mansion CD has tracks titled The Haunted Mansion and Ghostly Additions from Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. None of these tracks mention Grim Grinning Ghosts in their titles, so I don't see why an alternative title couldn't be used for this mini ride-thru as well.

On a related note, I am looking forward to the release of Sister Suffragette (DJ Bill's Jiggling Throat Mix).

almandot

little leota blabs while "if you would like to join our jamboree there's a simple rule that's compulsory" plays in the background which is once again a take on grim grinning ghosts.

oh wait she's in the graveyard at wdw huh.. oh well still ;P

randy how could you let WDW get to hold its early release date over our heads like this ;P

I know exactly what you're saying. And I do agree. However, when THE HAUNTED MANSION album was originally done, it was produced by WDI and RedDot Net and they didn't follow the rules - because they're not record labels and didn't know the rules or proper procedure - DLF and WDWF were experiments. That's also why the distribution of the CDs (Pirates too) eventually shifted to us - because we are a label and signatories to the various unions. When that happened, I had many, many discussions on the track titles. They wanted the official publishing titles used. Though I pointed out that a CD with all the tracks titled the same was [nuts] (cleaned up for family viewing), it wasn't enough to sway them. That is, until I pointed out that 'the damage had already been done', and that these CDs have been in release for over five years. Those two facts combined allowed me an exemption (and because we own the compositions) to use WDI's original titles (for the most part). Puzzle box, puzzle box, puzzle box!

Randy

As for Bill's version of "Sister Suffragette", start a petition and we'll see what we can do! ;D

And to Almandot: It's all part of my sinister plan! ;)