The Official Albums for 2008!

It appears that one of our members here has been a little down in the dumps lately. So, in an effort to cheer them up, I?ve decided to post the list of the new tracks that will be debuting on the next update of the Official Albums.

As a refresher, here?s what I posted on February 14th as being removed (to make room for these new tracks) from both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World?s Official Albums ?

DISNEYLAND
?Beautiful Beulah?
?All Aboard the Mine Train?
?Welcome To Tomorrowland?
?The Droid Room?
?Beauty and the Bees (Beauty and the Beast)?

WALT DISNEY WORLD
?Old Betsy?
?Welcome To Tomorrowland?
?The Tree of Life Theme?

Now, with those removed, here?s what has replaced them ?

DISNEYLAND
?The Happiest Place On Earth? (2:38) ? Grand Marshall Pre-Parade
?Submarine Voyage? (15:12) ? Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

WALT DISNEY WORLD
?Spaceship Earth? (10:52)? Spaceship Earth
?The Seas with Nemo and Friends? (4:42) ? The Seas with Nemo and Friends
?Canada: You?re a Lifetime Journey? (5:50) ? O Canada!
?Reflections of China Suite? (4:04) ? Reflections of China
?Three Caballeros? (2:45) ? Grand Fiesta Tour

I don?t count these as ?new?, but the ?CTX Theme? has been expanded from (3:08) to (6:14). Also, ?All Aboard the Mine Train? has left Disneyland, and is now on WDW ? to represent Thunder Mountain for the time being.

Keep in mind it?s not necessarily the number of tracks, but their length that adds to the listening experience of the albums. Both sets (of 2 discs) are still full and more music is available now than ever before.

The release date is scheduled for April 8th ? whether they get put up on the shelves is another matter, but that is the date that I have.

Randy Thornton

(Yes, that?s the entire score for ?Spaceship Earth? by Bruce Broughton)

WDWGuy08

OMG OMG OMG OMG........

someone call 911 i just fainted.... don't really call them! lol

btw, am I the user you spoke of?

Uh, pretty safe bet there, pal!

Hope it worked.

Randy

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

However, I was very much looking forward to Mickey's PhilharMagic being released. Will PhilharMagic be included in a future OA?

And I still would love to have a Muppet-Vision 3D lobby BGM loop track on an OA? Is there any chance of that happening in the future? Disney now owns the Muppets, anyway.

WDWGuy08

ohhh DEF... i knew about a couple of those but the others was a surprise, WOW!!!! thank you from the bottom of my heart kind sir! i have a question. is any music form mickey's philharmagic able to be released since its comprised of disney movies music and some original compositions too?

Horizons

Playlist Author
If I may jump on the question bandwagon:

The CTX Theme is, I believe, made up of the interior BGM. Now that the previous version has been expanded to 6:14, do you know how much, if any, of the theme is missing?

I had discussed Mickey?s Philharmagic with WDI even before the attraction debuted. After listening to the track alone, we both decided that it just doesn?t work as a listening experience on an album. First the track is a mix of actual soundtrack material with transitions especially composed for the film. Hearing the tracks isolated without picture, you can tell the difference between the varied sources (That incldues each film as a separate source in addition to the new pieces). Also, the transitions from one song to another make no musical sense without the essential storytelling visual. We (WDI and myself) just feel it doesn?t work.

As for Muppets, it wasn?t recorded under a phono agreement and the amount needed to clear it didn?t seem comparable what we would be able to release. Also, Disney owns the Muppets now, but not then. Those contracts were written before the purchase and are still enforced.

Yes, the CTX Theme is the BGM. The full track is over 25 minutes long. I used the beginning and ending to make it feel more like a complete track ? as opposed to just a clip.

Hope that answers your questions.

Randy

WDWGuy08

i'm guessing from what you've told us, that releasing more music form horizons, would cost a lot, correct? are there any plans for releasing more music form horizons in the future?

Horizons

Playlist Author
I have one follow-up question on CTX, if you don't mind. I don't recall what the exterior BGM to CTX was before the attraction was changed to Dinosaur (when the BGM changed to the movie score). Do you know if the 25 minute interior track you mentioned was also used as the exterior BGM, or was the old exterior BGM something different?

I had discussed Mickey's Philharmagic with WDI even before the attraction debuted. After listening to the track alone, we both decided that it just doesn't work as a listening experience on an album. First the track is a mix of actual soundtrack material with transitions especially composed for the film. Hearing the tracks isolated without picture, you can tell the difference between the varied sources (That incldues each film as a separate source in addition to the new pieces). Also, the transitions from one song to another make no musical sense without the essential storytelling visual. We (WDI and myself) just feel it doesn't work.
That's understandable, but, IMO, it should be released anyway. Besides, I'm sure that lots of people out there are still screaming for an official release of the PhilharMagic soundtrack's, not just us hardcore fans.

As for Muppets, it wasn't recorded under a phono agreement and the amount needed to clear it didn't seem comparable what we would be able to release. Also, Disney owns the Muppets now, but not then. Those contracts were written before the purchase and are still enforced.
Oh.... I hope that the rights to the Muppet tracks can get cleared someday for a future official album. Good luck.

Fantasmic

Amazing news Randy, thank you! I just about flew through the roof when I saw the Finding nemo track listed. Now this is the full musical score with the narration, right? Also, does Spaceship Earth include Judi Dench's narration in addition to the Broughton score?

I am more excited for these Official Albums then I have been for any before. Can't wait for the release!

Magic Music

Administrator
Playlist Author
"Spaceship Earth" (10:52)? Spaceship Earth
I hope this is the very last track as it is surely going to put me to sleep and I would hate to miss out on the rest of the album. :)

Also, does Spaceship Earth include Judi Dench's narration in addition to the Broughton score?
I sure hope so! What could be more fun than listening to Judi remind me to thank the Phoenicians for how easy it was to learn my ABCs?! Or Al Gore the Romans for inventing the World Wide Web?!

As a rule the Official Albums focus on the music, so no narration is included. It allows you to hear these works in a way that you can?t at The Parks. It?s also the perfect opportunity to shine a spotlight directly on the great talent that has contributed to our musical legacy.

Randy

almandot

As a rule the Official Albums focus on the music, so no narration is included. It allows you to hear these works in a way that you can't at The Parks. It's also the perfect opportunity to shine a spotlight directly on the great talent that has contributed to our musical legacy.
So the 15 minute submarine voyage track is gonna just be the music? Hmm... it's very pretty music, music that even if the ride with narration was released I'd love to get a copy of alone... but the submarine voyage was always one of those "audio experiences" that seemed to come out well when just listening to it. That's gonna be a long instrumental track :p

i'm surprised they're letting you put something called The Happiest Place on Earth on the cd :) dunno how the powers that be haven't forced them to change it to some Where Dreams Come True song =P They changed the official name to The Year of a Million Dreams Grand Marshall PreParade or some such, maybe that appeased people. Not like that even gets mentioned though heh =D Roh well, no POD showstop this year. Or ever I guess since it's probably going away =P

Edit: Oh no and I just realized that means no song version of three caballeros. The version in the finale with the singing is my favorite part! :D

Dr. Know

I'm a happy camper tonight. Thank you, Randy.

Just one question -- is the running time for "Canada, You're a Lifetime Journey" correct? The song is much shorter in the film... was it expanded for the cd?

tcsnwhite

Randy,

I want to just say a big THANK YOU!!!

These both look to be two of the better OA's in a long time (not to say the last ones weren't good...;))

Just so much good new material going on...

and yes, even though Disneyland is only getting two new ones...the Submarine Voyage is going to be a great listening experience with how long it is...

AND, I cannot believe they are allowing "The Happiest Place on Earth" onto the album...FINALLY, some entertainment music from Disneyland!!!
I don't know what you did, or what they did...but I really hope this becomes more regular...people want parade and show music. I have my doubts for POD since it's going to be leaving soon (though you never know what WDW might do), and Pixar Play! also uses other outside songs like BPB so I doubt that would get released, but perhaps Happiest Place on Earth is being released because it's an original composition for Disneyland?

Anyways, I hope entertainment music- particularly parade/show music - gets more attention and consideration for actual release in the future.
Let them know folks will pay top dollar for it, Randy...

Once again, THANK YOU Randy, look forward to the albums...!

Dr. Know,

You'll be happy to know that I included the 'load' music on the track. Starts off with the instrumental 'load' cue, then transitions into the song.

Randy