1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

That's the way for soundtrack CDs!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Dirk, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Dirk

Dirk Member

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

even so this is not really Disney-related I thought I had to post a link to this here...

Sony Pictures has come up with an (at least for me) all new way to sell a soundtrack CD for their hit-series Dawson's Creek. At http://dawsonscreek.com/mixonic/index.html user can first select 14 tracks for their CD and then choose a label. Each CD costs 11.95 plus shipping (international orders have to be payed through PayPal - a bit unprofessional if you ask me).

If you ask me this is the future - a kind of "Disneyland Forever"-System online and then also at a decent price if you ask me. This allows Sony for the first time to release a decent selection of score tracks from the series... now just think of what Disney could do with that system!!! A dream come true ... but then I somehow doubt Disney will do anything similar, it's to progressive :-(

Yours
    Dirk

P.S.: don't forget on the 22nd/23rd of March the Main Street Electrical Parade has its final Farewell at the Disneyland Resort Paris - and fans mmet during the fourth DLP.info fanmeeting to say "Goodby"!

2. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Dirk-

That's a great idea and if it's profitable for Sony, of COURSE Disney will follow suit. In about 2 or 3 years. When everyone else has gone on to bigger and better forms of music on demand. And even then, they'll charge $25 apiece . And you know what the sad part is?

We'll all buy it .

-Sharon-

3. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

Very true Sharon