1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Susan Egan performs live at DL 9/13

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Sep 14, 2005.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Does anyone know anything about this? Ms. Egan (the Original Broadway Belle) performed at the Tomorrowland Terrace (Club Buzz actually) last night. I couldn't find any CM's at the park who knew why she was there or who she was performing for.

2. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

3. DL FLIGHT 295

DL FLIGHT 295 Member

Wow................from Broadway to Club Buzz........sounds like a downward spiral.

DC-88 SPACELINER
    aka
    DL FLIGHT 295

4. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

Not necessarily...sometimes people do gigs because they're selling out to The Man. Money is money. And then they do the GOOD gigs too .

-Sharon-
    Orlando FL

5. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

Sharon does have a point. I'm sure all stars have phases like this.

6. Dirk

Dirk Member

Money is Money - every actor has to pay his / her bills.

Also I think it has to be pointed out that Susan Egan, while very well known among Disney music fans, is everything but a big star.

Nowadays a "big Broadway star" is really, really rare - there are TV and movie stars who make a beeline to the Broadway for a short term engagement, yes, but a true nation wide star from Broadway? Not really in sight.

There are some Broadway actors / actresses who have nation-wide success on the screen and there are those which are stars on Broadway among the Broaway crowd. But even so I like her work I would not qualify Susan Egan as either. Besides in Beauty and the Beast she has not yet really convinced the crowds on Broaway - but that is necessary to be called a star. Till you manage that you are, unfortunately, at best only a great, outstanding performer struggling to pay the bills.

Yours
    Dirk

7. DL FLIGHT 295

DL FLIGHT 295 Member

well.........we all know what happened to the career of POPPA DO RUN RUN after they sarted performing at the SPACE PLACE in 1977.........or the Rhodes Kids after their
    "family-style" presentations at the TOMORROWLAND TERRACE at WDW.........Sonny Elclipse even asked to have a contract clause before he started performing there! Plectu ----of the renowned "Plectu's Fantastic Galactic Revue" canceled after hearing about the "Tomorrowland Band Curse"...........

DC-88 SPACELINER
    aka
    DL FLIGHT 295