Spaceship Earth

kirky99

Re: OT: Spaceship Earth

Attention Travellers, please remain seated.  Your vehicle is rotating backwards for your return to earth.

:D

BLM07

Re: OT: Spaceship Earth

Heh, not exactly.

Don't know what they are saying, but here is a detailed list of scenes, maybe that will give you a start of where to look.

Spaceship Earth - Ride Scenes

1982 Spaceship Earth Audio

Hi There,

I am new to this site as it does look very enticing!

I am looking for a nearly or mostly complete version of the 1982 Vic Perrin version of Spaceship Earth. I have the 1986 and 1994 editions but I am kinda looking for 1982, if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

WDWGuy08

Re-Opening Date: February 19, 2008.
Music By: Composer Bruce Broughton
Notes On the Music: aside from the standard orchestral instruments and choir, a duduk, a krumhorn, a lute, two recorders, panpipes, harpsichord, harmonium, Irish harps and a tambour were used for the new score to this attractions updated refurbishment.

X-S Tech

No song? I was hoping maybe Tomorrow's Child might be returning. Oh well, perhaps he'll pay tribute to it in the score.

WDWGuy08

Bruce Broughton did NOT incorporate the old Tomorrow's Child Theme into the new score, it is all original music by him.

WDWGuy08

why can't some people enjoy music for music instead of criticizing it?

Dr. Know

I, for one, am happy that there is no "Tomorrow's Child." I enjoy the original version of the song, but look forward to an entirely new take on scoring Spaceship Earth. Besides, if the song was included, then that's all we would ever get to hear on an official album.

Thanks for the scoop, wdwguy!

WDWGuy08

no problem Dr. Know! im waiting on another e-mail reply form him with more info such as, thanks to Horizons suggestions:

will their be an exterior loop
will their be an exit (unload) & entrance (load) music
will their be new music throughout the entire ride or just the 2nd half (the backwards return to the exit)
how many minutes of score he did for the attraction (total)
and finally, did he do one long track for the ride or several cues for it.

once i hear back with those answers, i will post them here for all of you, ok?

WDWGuy08

Just Got A Reply From Broughton:

There's about twenty or more minutes of music for the ride.

It's all original.

Nothing remains from the old version.

It's a series of different pieces taking the rider from one place to another and includes music as the guests wait.

But the effect on the ride itself is often like one long piece.

Horizons

Playlist Author
Thanks for getting this information WDWGuy08. I, for one, can't wait to hear the new score. Let's hope it plays through the on-board speakers.

BLM07

If it plays on the on board speakers, it certainly won't be as dramatic as it used to be. I love the loud dramatic music that's been playing for the past 10+ years. I'm sure the narration will be though :) and hopefully much clearer than before.

WDWGuy08

since the score is finished and the new wdw oa not coming out till spring perhaps some of this music will be on it?