1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Space Station X-1/Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Jan 8, 2004.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I got a track some time ago that was labeled "Space Station X-1". I was very excited because I have seen very little of this attraction, audio or otherwise. I was a bit disappointed when I got it because the quality was pretty poor (there were so many pops and skips that in the countdown sequence they skipped the numbers 7 and 3), and frankly I had to wonder if it was even authentic. There wasn't anything that particularly could clue me into it's authenticity and I was too young to have experienced it myself.

Today I happened to be listening to the 1958 album "A Musical Tour of Disneyland" and suddenly there it was again, a complete clean version of this mystery track. On the album it's described as SpaceShip X-1. This album doesn't really feature any attractions specifically but rather just has a lot of background music and sound effects to give a general impression of each land. So I figure that this bit about X-1 has very little to do with the audio one really heard back in 55 on the real attraction.

But I thought I'd run it by our Tomorrowland experts here and make sure I hadn't stumbled across a hidden gem. Any thoughts?

2. ex-wdi

ex-wdi Member

My best guess on this would be that it is not the actual audio from the attaction - any one else know the story...?

3. DL FLIGHT 295

DL FLIGHT 295 Member

"Space Station X-1" ......and later "Satelite View of America" would not have had any countdown tracks.......because you were already in space........in a space station ciricling the Earth.....Moonship RX-1 is the name of the rocket in Tomorrow the Moon (Man and Space Series) ..the TWA Rockets had the Names DIANA and the LUNA (one for each guest show building)

DL FLIGHT 295
    aka
    DC-88 SPACELINER

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

ah but isn't it possible tha the station would be monitering or even broadcasting the countdowns for other ships? just kidding. I'm pretty convinced that this isn't authentic