1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Songs with magical words

Discussion in 'Archive' started by candleshoe, Apr 19, 2004.

1. candleshoe

candleshoe New Member

Hello -
    Wondering if our experts can help with a puzzlement. I'm trying to thing of as many songs as possible that feature "magical words." I've come up with "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo," "Higitus Figitus," and "Substitutiary Locomotion." All of these are Disney songs; I'm also interested in songs that aren't from Disney works; perhaps written by the Shermans, or others. Any songs with magical words... I'm really drawing a blank here!

Any help most appreciated!

2. Gurgitoy2

Gurgitoy2 Active Member

You forgot a big one! "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious".

Also, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah"

And, there's the made-up words (not necissarily magic ones) "Chim Chim Cher-ee", "Fortuosity", "Flitterin'", "Oo-De-Lally", "Brazzle Dazzle Day"...there are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

3. dtats

dtats Member

"Abra-cadabra" by the Steve Miller Band (and more recently covered by Sugar Ray for some Sabrina, the Teenage Witch CD a few years back (which is an ABC property, so it's quasi-Disney).

By the way, could a Heffalump or Woozle be considered magical? ???

4. Steve LeVine

Steve LeVine Member

Kool and the Gang did a song called "Open Sesame"

5. Steve LeVine

Steve LeVine Member

There is a cool song from the 1970s called "Hocus Pocus" by a group called "Focus"

6. dtats

dtats Member

Wow, I haven't heard that song in awhile (Hocus Pocus by Focus-say that three times fast). They could've used the yodeling in that song for "HOTR." ;D

And although perhaps it does not have a magical connotation, I always wondered what "Minnie's Yoo Hoo" really referred to? ;)

7. narkspud

narkspud Member

A couple that occurred to me:

Fee Fi Fo Fum from Mickey and the Beanstalk

and from the non-Disney world:

Witch Doctor - David Seville
    and
    Chick-A-Boom - Daddy Dewdrop

8. dtats

dtats Member

Perhaps you're right, Bill. Maybe I was just reading more into it than there really is. ::)

9. dannyeyheralde

dannyeyheralde Member

"Remember The MAGIC" (GOD I MISS THAT PARADE)
    "On This MAGIC Night" Theme from SpectroMAGIC (a parade Sharon & I could care less about...RIGHT SHARON???)
    Fanfare of Lights from "Disney's (Main Street Electrical Parade) there is a reference to the word MAGIC in the Opening announcement)

10. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

> "On This MAGIC Night" Theme from
    > SpectroMAGIC (a parade Sharon &
    > I could care less about...RIGHT
    > SHARON???)

Man oh man, I just come back from a 9-day vcacation and THIS is what I come back to? Talk about Spectrovomit. Thanks for making me shudder.....

-Sharon-

11. candleshoe

candleshoe New Member

Thanks, everyone -- it looks like there really aren't very many songs with magical words! I'm looking for those songs that cause something to happen - "spell songs," if you will. I've come up with loads of songs with nonsense words, like "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and "Fortuosity" etc. But not many of the "magical" variety!