1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

So Donald has a new voice?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by X-S Tech, Mar 21, 2006.

1. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

I guess I've been out of the Animation loop, cause I'm finding all of these credits for Tommy Chico as the voice of Donald Duck. Everything from House of Mouse, to Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years. When did this happen? What happened to Tony Anselmo?

2. musicradio77

musicradio77 Member

You're right! Tommy Chico does the voice of Donald Duck in the Disney attractions and "The Mouse of House". Years ago, Clarence Nash was the original voice of Donald Duck. Long after he died, Tommy Chico took over and portray the voice of Donald. I know that. Tommy becomes the next Clarence Nash. Whatever happened to Tony Anselmo? He's still around doing Mickey's voice long after Walt Disney and James MacDonald also does Mickey's voice. Walt does the original voice for Mickey Mouse.

3. tcsnwhite

tcsnwhite Member

I thought Wayne Allwine is the main voice for Mickey Mouse today. and his wife is the main voice for Minnie Mouse.

4. X-S Tech

X-S Tech Active Member

Clarence Nash was the original voice of Donald. Tony Anselmo took over while Clarence Nash was still alive. Tony Anselmo was still doing it until very recently (or so I thought).

Wayne Allwine is the current voice of Mickey. Russi Taylor is Minnie. Yes, they are married.

5. Disney1971

Disney1971 New Member

Tony Anselmo IS still doing the voice for Donald.

6. BLM07

BLM07 Member

According to IMDB Tony Anselmo did the voice of Donald for House Of Mouse and Tommy Chico did the voice for only a few things.

7. Burnsland

Burnsland Member

Tommy Chico does have a website:

http://www.tommy-chico.com

And since it is all in a foreign language, perhaps he is just the foreign-language voice of Donald, since Tony Anselmo is still the official voice of Donald, at least in English.

8. BDBopper

BDBopper New Member

I know this is somewhat off-topic but one thing that I find interesting is that for ages Donald Duck had one voice throughout the world. Clarence Nash did Donald's voice in every language! At least that is what I have read in my research.

9. almandot

almandot Member

I think pluto's bark voice actor is multilingual too ;P