1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello, Guest! Do you have any shopping to do at Amazon? You can help support Magic Music by using our special link. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Slightly Disney Music related but basically OT - MIDI and Palm

Discussion in 'Archive' started by SharonKurland, Apr 27, 2003.

1. SharonKurland

SharonKurland Active Member

OK...we have a bunch of music afficionados here...maybe one of the more musically-inclined ones can help me.

Is there anyone here who is proficient enough to do the following (and if you can do one but not the other, that's still OK...if I can use you for just PART of the job, that'd be fine):

1. Compose a song in monophonic MIDI format if I give you the music (I can do it on sheet music)
    2. Convert it to a Palm-based application so I can load the MIDI onto my Palm and use it as a ringtone

Or if someone can just tell me if there is Freeware out there (and if so, the name of it), I can do it myself. I've tried with HoHo but the trial version doesn't allow me enough characters for the whole tune.

The song is in 4/4 time and is only only 34 notes long. It IS a song that's used in a Disney park.

Thanks!
    -Sharon-

2. Groundmanoli

Groundmanoli New Member

1. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Some years ago (when midi was nearly the only way to have good quality music on the PC) I had converted many music tracks direct from sheet music to midi files. If you like I will see what I can do for you.

2. Sorry about this one. I have a Pocket PC type handheld (plays midi directly) and I don't know too much about Palms.

=== Torsten ===

3. SharonKurland

Torsten, you are AWESOME! OK...give me a day or two to get the music written. I'm going to have to "make" 5-lined sheet music because I don't have any of my own, if that's OK. And then may I e-mail it to you as an attachment?

-Sharon-

4. SharonKurland

UPDATE!

I DID IT!!!!! All by myself!

I already had a program on my Palm called Ringo...I thought all it did was convert MIDI files to ringtones but nope...it had a simplified MIDI creator, too. It took some work because it's been (literally) nearly 30 years since I HAD to know the difference between a half note, a whole note, a 3/4 rest, etc...but with some playing around, IT WORKED!!!

Thank-you anyone for your generous offer, Torsten!

-Sharon-

5. Groundmanoli

Groundmanoli New Member

Great work - have fun with your new ringtone.

=== Torsten ===